News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
SMS A2P 10DLC (Commercial Long Code) support
Tags: rest api
Nov 10, 2020 at 7:06am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
Bob Mulvey

I am under the impression that support for SMS A2P 10DLC is not yet fully rolled out across all telecom providers. How is RingCentral supporting this right now without full rollout across all telecom providers?

3 Answers
answered on Nov 10, 2020 at 9:03am  

Thank you.

I do not want to get errors, that is why I am asking the question.

We are migrating our P2P SMS system (currently using a different provider) to A2P with 10DLC. Our numbers for this have just been provisioned by RC with A2PSMS permission.

Are my SMSs to people in the Sprint network going to fail right now? Even if they don't fail, do I risk my A2PSMS numbers being blocked because Sprint is not yet support this?

on Nov 10, 2020 at 10:54am   •  0 likes

I am not sure if Sprint allows A2P SMS from Toll Free number. If they supports, then use the TF SMS number instead. If not, find someway to identify the Sprint recipient numbers to avoid sending text message to those numbers.

on Nov 10, 2020 at 11:07am   •  0 likes

This is not a toll free number, but that does not matter to you response does it?

on Nov 10, 2020 at 11:41am   •  0 likes

I meant RingCentral High Volume SMS support both Toll-Free and 10-DLC numbers. If Sprint allows to use TF number, then request for a High Volume SMS number with the "Toll Free" type.

answered on Nov 10, 2020 at 8:04am  

This may help you to find out which mobile carrier supports SMS A2P 10-DLC.

https://www.openmarket.com/blog/what-is-a2p-10-dlc/

answered on Nov 10, 2020 at 8:48am  

Thanks Phong. That is what I am referring too. Seems to me until Sprint completes rollout sending A2P 10DLC via RC's "commercial long code" support may fail. There is potential here to have a number blocked I think. That is my concern.

on Nov 10, 2020 at 8:54am   •  0 likes

We don't have a way to query which carrier supports A2P SMS 10-DLC or not. We don't verify which mobile carrier's number when we send A2P SMS. But we do return error codes which can be used to identify the failure reason. See this error code list and pay attention to the SMS-CAR-XXX code.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us