News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
"account/active-calls" requirement issues
Tags: rest api, phone
Oct 28, 2021 at 9:13am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Nate Breeden

active-calls.pngCurrently have one last call requirement that I must not be understanding. The status and review says that I have not completed "account/active-calls" call requirements, but I got a list of active calls 6 times and even made API calls to drop those calls using the telephonySessionId returned from the active-calls API call to pass the Call Control requirements.

These are the 2 calls I'm making, this of course is just the copied Python scripts off the API references page - it does not have the information I'm using to make the calls for obvious reasons:

# PATH PARAMETERS
accountId = '<ENTER VALUE>'

# OPTIONAL QUERY PARAMETERS
queryParams = {
    #'direction': [ 'Inbound', 'Outbound' ],
    #'view': 'Simple',
    #'type': [ 'Voice', 'Fax' ],
    #'transport': [ 'PSTN', 'VoIP' ],
    #'page': 1,
    #'perPage': 100
}

import os
from ringcentral import SDK
rcsdk = SDK(os.environ['clientId'], os.environ['clientSecret'], os.environ['serverURL'])
platform = rcsdk.platform()
platform.login(os.environ['username'], os.environ['extension'], os.environ['password'])
r = platform.get(f'/restapi/v1.0/account/{accountId}/active-calls', queryParams)
# PROCESS RESPONSE
print(r.text())

and

# PATH PARAMETERS
accountId = '<ENTER VALUE>'
extensionId = '<ENTER VALUE>'

# OPTIONAL QUERY PARAMETERS
queryParams = {
    #'direction': [ 'Inbound', 'Outbound' ],
    #'view': 'Simple',
    #'type': [ 'Voice', 'Fax' ],
    #'page': 1,
    #'perPage': 100
}

import os
from ringcentral import SDK
rcsdk = SDK(os.environ['clientId'], os.environ['clientSecret'], os.environ['serverURL'])
platform = rcsdk.platform()
platform.login(os.environ['username'], os.environ['extension'], os.environ['password'])
r = platform.get(f'/restapi/v1.0/account/{accountId}/extension/{extensionId}/active-calls', queryParams)
# PROCESS RESPONSE
print(r.text())

What am I missing, is "account/active-calls" different than the active calls area listed under the API references > Voice > Call Log > Get Company Active Calls -/and/- Get User Active Calls? Under API references > Account there is nothing for "Active Calls" but not sure if I'm overlooking or missing something?

Also, is there a reason that the status and review page only updates every 4 hours? It says it does it every 15 minutes but I've timed it throughout the day, it's every bit of 4 hours, which is frustrating especially when you're trying to see if the call you're making is what RC wants in order for you to apply for production.

on Nov 17, 2020 at 7:51am   •  0 likes

What is your app client id?

on Nov 17, 2020 at 7:52am   •  0 likes

1 Answer
answered on Nov 17, 2020 at 8:01am  

The account active call and extension active call requires the same app permission ReadCallLog. Normally it is enough to exercise on of the endpoints to pass the graduation requirements. I am not sure why for the active call it requires each endpoint with at lease 5 API calls. Right now, I see you have 2 API calls to the account level and 50 calls to the extension level. I will check with the team to see what is wrong with this. Meanwhile, I can graduate your app to production manually if you want to.

Let me know

on Nov 17, 2020 at 8:06am   •  0 likes

Okay, yes please graduate it, I would really appreciate that

on Nov 17, 2020 at 8:08am   •  0 likes

Done!

on Nov 17, 2020 at 8:15am   •  0 likes

You're awesome, thanks Phong!

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us