News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
extensions without device, no email available
Tags: extension
Sep 24, 2018 at 1:36pm   •   6 replies  •  0 likes
messer

I am trying to add extensions without an actual phone. I get stuck because these extensions require an e-mail address which is not available either. Any thoughts?

6 Answers
answered on Nov 24, 2020 at 4:00pm  

Did this ever get resolved, updated?

on Dec 10, 2020 at 7:59am   •  0 likes

This has been resolved.

answered on Sep 26, 2018 at 1:46pm  
Another idea would be make a free gmail account for this purpose.  With a single account you can create as many email aliases as you want.  If you have trucking@gmail.com you can use trucking+10258@gmail.com, trucking+10213@gmail.com, etc. and all the emails will go to that single inbox.

answered on Sep 26, 2018 at 12:32pm  
We are a trucking company.  We have many drivers that have cell phones but no good access to or a reason to have a company e-mail address.  We used to be able to add an extension for example truck 258 would have the extension 10258 and I would put in my e-mail address.  Now the e-mail address needs to be unique.  It is much easier to remember truck 258 as 10258 rather than having to look up his cell number.  

answered on Sep 26, 2018 at 1:18pm  
Hi MESSER, thanks for the explanation. Right now our Product Team is actually working towards remedying the Unique Email issue, you can receive updates on this thread.

As a quick workaround, you could always use their own personal email (just for the time being) and then once we've changed this policy, you can go back into their extensions and update the email to be your own.

answered on Jul 29, 2020 at 8:54pm  
The extension would be attached to his cell phone number.

answered on Sep 26, 2018 at 12:24pm  
Hey MESSER, could you provide more details about what the purpose of this extension is? 

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us