question

Bruce Ganek avatar image
Bruce Ganek asked Tyler Liu edited

SendFaxMessageRequest() not defined in RingCentralSDK after version 1.1

I downloaded the sample C# app and can successfully send a fax. When I try to create my own program, I get that SendFaxMessageRequest is not defined. I have "using RingCentral" at the top of the program.

var requestParams = new SendFaxMessageRequest();

The sample was using RingCentral.Net 1.1.1. I went up to version 4.1 and get the SendFaxMessageRequest error.

Playing around a bit, it appears to happen for any version of the SDK from 2.0 on.

Is there different code I should be using instead of the sample. I'm thinking I don't want to go to production with version 1.1.1 of the .net SDK.

This is a 3.1 .net Code console application.

Thank you,

Bruce

sdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered Tyler Liu edited

It is expected because from 1.1 to the 4.1 there is a major version update and there are breaking changes.

Check here https://github.com/ringcentral/RingCentral.Net/blob/master/samples.md#create-fax-message and you will see the class has been renamed to CreateFaxMessageRequest

By the way, the sample code page is for the latest SDK which is currently 5.0.0-beta2. You may need to check page history for 4.1.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Bruce Ganek avatar image
Bruce Ganek answered Phong Vu commented

Thank you, I can take a look there. This was the page I was using from your website and the subsequent code.

https://developers.ringcentral.com/guide/messaging/fax/sending-faxes#c#.

Does that sample page need to be updated?

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

The dev guide is not updated. I will update it accordingly.

The correct object is CreateFaxMessageRequest().

0 Likes 0 ·
Bruce Ganek avatar image
Bruce Ganek answered

Is there an updated sample app for sending faxes?

I want to make sure I'm hitting all of the necessary parameters.

Thank you,

Bruce

1 |3000

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered Tyler Liu edited

The sample page is always in-sync with the SDK source code, so yes it updates whenever the SDK source code updates.

Check this test case file: https://github.com/ringcentral/RingCentral.Net/blob/master/RingCentral.Tests/FaxTest.cs

The first way(simplest one) is good for most users.

You don't have to specify all the parameters, by the way. Just read the parameters comments to get their meanings to decide whether you need to specify or not.

1 |3000

Bruce Ganek avatar image
Bruce Ganek answered

That was the link I was missing I believe, thank you.

Bruce

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys