question

Pramod Kangare avatar image
Pramod Kangare asked Phong Vu answered

Getting stuck at Authorize method.

The control is getting stuck in this line "restClient.Authorize(RINGCENTRAL_USERNAME, RINGCENTRAL_EXTENSION, RINGCENTRAL_PASSWORD).Wait()". We have provided all the valid inputs but still the control is not moving to next line.

getting started
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

The code works well for others so it must be something is different in your environment.

I can't help if you don't provide enough information about your app setup, your .Net environment etc.

0 Likes 0 ·
Pramod Kangare avatar image Pramod Kangare Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

It is implemented in mvc web application using C# .

0 Likes 0 ·
Pramod Kangare avatar image Pramod Kangare Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Platform type is 'Server/Web' in AppType & PlatformType

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

The code you are showing is for password flow authentication and it works with "Server-only (No UI)" app type. Since your app type is "Server/Web" which require authorization flow authentication. If you really need your app is a "Server/Web" app, then follow the instructions from this developer guide to implement your app. If the app type supposed to be "Server-only", then either you create a new app with the correct app type. Or let me know your current app client id so I can change it for you.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys