News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
How to get all incoming calls to general business voicemail
Tags: voicemail
Dec 21, 2020 at 11:37am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
Christie Hodge

Hello,

I would like all incoming business calls to simply hear our greeting and leave a message. As simple as it is, I cannot find straight answers on how to do this!

on Dec 21, 2020 at 12:15pm   •  0 likes

Hello!

Basically, I am utilizing RC as a professional platform for my small business. I would like everyone who calls my business to get our company greeting/message and simply leave a message. I would then like to be alerted once a new message arrives so we can handle caller needs from there. We had all calls forwarding directly to one of our three users, but we are now getting tons of solicitation calls and want to avoid this by utilizing voicemail only at this time.

on Dec 21, 2020 at 12:09pm   •  0 likes

If I understood properly then, you don't want to take any call and want the incoming call direct to the voice and caller record the voicemail for you. Is that right?

I think 2 ways of doing it. The first way is Putting DND (Do not Disturb) status on extension from application like Desktop phone app and second way is login to you online portal and enable do not accept any call from top of the portal:

1608581317852.png

The user will hear the greetings and will leave voice message for you

1 Answer
answered on Dec 21, 2020 at 3:20pm  

Hello @Christie Hodge, you can use the functionality of "New Message-Only Extension" click HERE for more information.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us