question

john-lovell avatar image
john-lovell asked Arturo Cruz answered

"Please install the RingCentral audio device" message after Catalina update

After updating to Catalina, I keep getting this same message every time I try to share my screen in a meeting. I can't figure out why this is happening. Please advise!

To share your computer audio, please install the RingCentral Meetings audio device. Please restart your audio sharing application, such as the media player, after install to continue sharing computer sound.

meetings
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered
Hey John, 

What happens when you enter your password to allow the app to restart? 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

john-lovell avatar image
john-lovell answered jessica-community-moderator commented
Thanks for replying! Once I type in my password, it prompts me to enter the meeting ID - which works but previously - it would often just detect which meeting or room I was in and immediately start sharing my content. Also - nothing really restarts. I'm being prompted with this every time I attempt to share my screen. 

4 comments
1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hmm, what version of the app and OS are you on? I know there was some hiccups with Mojave. 
0 Likes 0 ·
john-lovell avatar image john-lovell commented ·
I'm on Mac 10.15.3 and RingCentral 19.4.151918.1217 (says it's up to date). 
0 Likes 0 ·
john-lovell avatar image john-lovell commented ·
This is what happens after I type in my system password. It happens every time I try to do a plain "screen share." In order for me to screen share, I'm forced to "Join" the meeting, which works OK but it adds an additional layer before I can get to what I'm trying to do and when I don't need to actually join the meeting. 

I have confirmed that my computer is setup to allow RingCentral access to my microphone. For some reason this "handshake" isn't happening.  h
0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hey John, 

I asked our Tier 3 team, and they advised 
In both of these situations it's based on hardware abilities and features enabled on both the computer controlling the Room and the computer that is screen sharing when entering the Room"
Have you checked the computer that's running the room?
0 Likes 0 ·
kyle-van-de-kamp avatar image
kyle-van-de-kamp answered joe-ramsay10458 commented
Currently working on this issue as well with a deployment to my users. My users do not have administrator credentials so they cannot get by this screen.

It seems like the audio drivers do not self install, they are located in  /Applications/RingCentral\ Meetings.app/Contents/PlugIns/ZoomAudioDevice.driver which needs to be copied to the /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/ directory.

We achieved this with the terminal command (note do not have a trailing / at the end of ZoomAudioDevice.driver):
sudo cp -r /Applications/RingCentral\ Meetings.app/Contents/PlugIns/ZoomAudioDevice.driver /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/

If you reboot then everything should work fine.

If you would like to avoid rebooting use the commands:
sudo kill $(ps -eaf | grep "RingC" | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}')
sudo killall coreaudiod

Then open RingCentral Meetings again and you should be good to go.

2 comments
1 |3000

joe-ramsay10458 avatar image joe-ramsay10458 commented ·
See my comment below: what fixed the issue for me was doing the screen share with audio from the RingCentral App (GLIP) rather than the RCMeetings App. GLIP seemed to install the driver to the right location and then it worked in RCMeetings as well (and the prompt to install stopped appearing). 
1 Like 1 ·
roark-janis10355 avatar image roark-janis10355 commented ·
I followed these steps including rebooting and while the ZoomAudioDevice.driver is now in /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/ (I confirmed myself that it was there), I am still getting the same message about installing the RingCentral Meetings audio device.

Also, when I type the password (I'm an administrator), it doesn't prompt for the meeting ID or anything. It just shared the screen but the audio still doesn't work.

Any other suggestions?
0 Likes 0 ·
joe-ramsay10458 avatar image
joe-ramsay10458 answered joe-ramsay10458 commented
I need to share a video WITH SOUND in RingCentral Meetings (in a couple of days) and I am getting this same message that I need to install the RingCentral Audio Device. I am just using a MacBook Air with Catalina 10.15.3. Not using RCRoom, just a laptop wanting to share a video in RCMeetings playing video with default Quicktime. When prompted, I type my admin password, but nothing happens and the sound from the video does not get shared - only the video image. PLEASE THIS IS URGENT I NEED TO SHARE AN IMPORTANT VIDEO WITH SOUND VIA RCMEETINGS IN A COUPLE OF DAYS. (yes, I am shouting)

2 comments
1 |3000

joe-ramsay10458 avatar image joe-ramsay10458 commented ·
I found that going through the process using the video conference embedded in GLIP seemed to install the driver properly. I will double check the folder through to make sure all the files were installed. HOWEVER, could we fix this in the next version so that the files properly install? No problem with the Zoom installation. 
1 Like 1 ·
Hey Joe, 

Did you follow Kyle's suggestion above?
0 Likes 0 ·
director-of-research-and-development-jennifer-cumm avatar image
director-of-research-and-development-jennifer-cumm answered
Hi Everyone,

I am getting this same error message. I can locate  /Applications/RingCentral\ Meetings.app/Contents/PlugIns/ZoomAudioDevice.driver but cannot locate to copy it to. I also tried entering a meeting from GLIP and that still gave me the error message to install the audio device. Does anyone else have anything that's working for them?

Jen
1 |3000

Arturo Cruz avatar image
Arturo Cruz answered

I have this problem now with new MacOS update. Please helpscreen-shot-496.png

screen-shot-496.png (571.8 KiB)
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app