News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Why am I not hearing any incoming audio from WebRTC?
Tags: sdk
Nov 19, 2020 at 2:51pm   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
Laferil Smith Jr.

We have integrated the WebRTC phone SDK into our website, and currently are having issues getting incoming audio from the other party. They can hear us communicating through the browser, but we can't hear them. We are using the latest versions of Chrome, and have tested on both Windows and macOS.

The incoming call alert tone can be heard so it's not a browser audio tab issue.

4 Answers
answered on Jan 6, 2021 at 6:19pm  

What does linking the DOM elements mean?

answered on Dec 24, 2020 at 3:42pm  

We solved this by adding back the remote and local video html tags. At some point they got removed. Also make sure you’re linking the DOM elements when configuring the SDK.

answered on Dec 24, 2020 at 3:19pm  

I have the same issue on our implementation. I tested chrome setting by automatically playing an audio file - no problems. But when we initiate a call, the other party can hear the audio (so microphone working) but nothing plays on the computer. Neither the ring sound or the audio in the connected call. See confirmed chrome settings. screen-shot-2020-12-24-at-151617.png

answered on Nov 23, 2020 at 2:33pm  

Did you try using just the demo app and get me the results https://ringcentral.github.io/ringcentral-web-phone/ ? Please send the logs from the demo app on a support ticket and send an email to vyshakh.babji@ringcentral.com

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us