News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Recover deleted text messages
Tags: sms and text messaging
Feb 11, 2019 at 1:15pm   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
robert-moore

Is there a way to recover accidentally deleted text messages? Texts were deleted in the RC Phone app on an iOS device. We can do this for deleted voicemail messages within 5 days by signing into the portal site.

2 Answers
answered on Jan 2, 2021 at 11:52am  

I wish that there was a better warning for users, that voicemails, any call recordings, and text messages would be deleted after a certain retention period.

This has caused a lot of pain because there were significant and important records deleted, and this all could have been prevented if we were just advised to have a backup in place.

Furthermore, now that I realized a backup is needed, I am trying to download the RingCentral Archiver, and when I click to Download, it keeps redirecting me to the login page (after I've already logged in).

Pretty frustrating, and it shows a complete lack of forethought on RingCentral's part. This should have clearly been disclosed to customers.

answered on Apr 20, 2020 at 8:47pm  
I'm confused. Shouldn't these text messages be backed up to your iCloud or iTunes?
Well, if you haven't got any backup, you can try a third-party program to retrieve the messages.
What I'm using is Joyoshare  iPhone data recovery Mac. It can recover the messages or photos in apps without overwriting the current data on my phone.

answered on Feb 13, 2019 at 11:14am  
Hi Robert, 

Unfortunately there isn't a way to recover the deleted messages. Going forward, I would recommend backing them up with RingCentral's Archiver, which backs everything up to a DropBox account. In the future they'll be adding additional cloud storage services as well :) 

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us