News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
no conference call set up capabilities
Tags: conference call number
Nov 20, 2020 at 8:42am   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
Karen Blanchard

Was this feature removed in the latest desktop version?!! Only video call is available that we have seen. Not every conference call needs or wants to be video, as a long-time customer we are disappointed that Ring Central removed this feature that we had relied on and will be a consideration on our next renewal.

4 Answers
answered on Apr 15, 2021 at 12:39pm  

Apparently, the conferencing feature was also removed from the RingCentral Outlook add-in?? I just installed it for my Outlook and I don't see the conference icon to be able to setup and invite participants to a conference call. So, it appears the only way to create a conference call appointment is to sign into the admin portal and setup a conference call from there.

answered on Jan 7, 2021 at 10:32am  

I also agree- in fact, the primary reason I just got a Ring Central account was to do exactly this- schedule audio conference calls from within the calendar

answered on Jan 6, 2021 at 11:24am  

I agree with Karen. Being able to schedule a conference call using Google Calendar is critical. I am extremely upset that this feature was removed without warning and would like it back.

answered on Nov 20, 2020 at 2:16pm  

Hello @Karen Blanchard, our conference call is located in the Team Group chat. It is the 3 vertical dots on the right upper side below your avatar. Please see the image below.

2020-11-21-06-16-09.png

Thank you!

on Nov 24, 2020 at 8:57am   •  0 likes

This is a critical feature that we regularly use, that all of your competitors offer. Not every conference call needs to be a video call. Please consider putting this back in. Additionally the app is not very user friendly - the old app was straight forward and clear. At the very least allow customers to return to the old app. We will have to re-evaluate.

on Nov 23, 2020 at 5:33am   •  0 likes

Thank you but this starts a call with my team. I want to send a conference dial -in number to outside my team. Shouldn't this be under the phone call section?

on Nov 24, 2020 at 8:07am   •  0 likes

Apologies. We're always working to improve. The conference call from the new app outside team is not available as of the moment. We can provide the call-in details through our WEB portal. We will also share this with our Product Managers. Thank you for your patience in this matter.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us