News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Please give us the option to disable the E911 Alert each time we login to RC App!
Tags: rc app
Jan 8, 2021 at 9:24am   •   4 replies  •  3 likes
andy-stadtlander

According to Eduardo in RC Support, "Unfortunately, we don't have any options to turn that off from the RC App".

Here's my feature request: only prompt me if I don't have a physical location in my settings, otherwise don't prompt, annoying.

1-8-2021-11-08-47-am.png

on Mar 12, 2021 at 1:11pm   •  0 likes

Definitely up for this, so annoying!

on Jan 8, 2021 at 9:57am   •  0 likes

I've seen multiple 'ideas' on this posted Becky - why is it not in the hands and minds of the programmers? :)

on Jan 8, 2021 at 10:59am   •  0 likes

@Joe Cache As you may know, the roadmap is set by our product teams and wiggle room for other features, even if they seem inconsequential, have to be weighed by those teams respectively.
The more votes and use case info we have, the more of a case we can make for features that matter to you.
I know you've been active in the portal and it's appreciated! Keep adding your feedback and stay in touch!

on Jan 8, 2021 at 9:47am   •  0 likes

Hey, @andy-stadtlander - Here's an idea in the Ideas Portal on this very thing!
Please add your vote and any additional details at the link below:
https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/CUSTCOM-I-287

on Jan 8, 2021 at 9:53am   •  0 likes

Thank you, I'll do that!

Another annoying thing about RC, why is there a separate URL/page for these "ideas", I have to sign-up over there too, why is this different than the "community" forum, just make it 1 parent forum with different sub-forums? Sorry, rant over, RC seems like a reactive company rather than leading.

on Jan 8, 2021 at 12:08pm   •  0 likes

Andy, we are working on it! But I feel your pain!
The plan with moving our ideas portal to the current platform is it is directly connected to the way that our Product team organizes and prioritizes the roadmap.
The closer proximity to their process helps us to better align.
Best of intentions!

Your feedback is important and we'll keep working hard to make your experience better!

on Jan 8, 2021 at 12:15pm   •  0 likes

what's easier for RC isn't always easier for the consumer, the Ideas section could easily be a subforum to fix this issue, but thanks for message

1 Answer
answered on Jan 10, 2021 at 8:21am  

Good morning,

With all due respect, I have to disagree with removing the 911 reminder. Not all Users are as knowledgeable as those of us who work with RC daily. With that said, it is an important reminder when dialing 911 through RC the location of the emergency is not mapped like it is when using a landline or mobile phone.

I would suggest having the OPTION to disable by the User, not remove it altogether. If this is annoying, there is a reason to be mindful just in case you do have an emergency.

Also, keep in mind, when setting up a User, the User cannot make outbound calls until the address is populated where the phone, etc. is being used. That works well when installing/setting up a hard phone because that phone is stationary, however, using the desktop app, is different because it goes with the computer/laptop. I have often thought, should we be changing the address each time when a User goes from their work location to their home, etc.

I strongly suggest having an OPTION to disable by the User, and not across the board.

Wendy

on Jan 11, 2021 at 10:21am   •  1 likes

To add to that - as they have the slider/check boxes for enabling a function for a lot of other options, would it be correct in saying that the ability should be allowed by the Admin. So, from the company side, the ability to turn on/off the e911 nagging box by users - could be determined by the Admin, and then by the user.

This would make it so that if Admin doesn't want the user to have the ability to toggle the nagging box, it wouldn't even show as an option to the user in their settings.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us