News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
How do I resolve oAuth issues on a promoted app?
Tags: rest api
Jan 18, 2021 at 7:44am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Joshua Blavins

We have developed an app to pull event details to a website that is about to launch; these work in sandbox and we have promoted the app to prod. However, now we receive - invalid user credentials for the app on the production environment. We have changed the calling URL and the authorization token.

2 Answers
answered on Jan 18, 2021 at 9:23am  

Hi Many thanks for the quick response; we are generating a token with production user credentials (and have tested on another user credentials) and app client id and client secret

on Jan 18, 2021 at 10:05am   •  0 likes

And you still cannot login? How about the extension number? If you login with a main company number, make sure the extension number is correct.

on Jan 20, 2021 at 5:53am   •  0 likes

All numbers were updated along with the secret and the url. We have tested two different users and get the unauthorised error for both.

on Jan 20, 2021 at 7:19am   •  0 likes

What is your app client id? And can you share the code where you implement login? Remember to remove sensitive information.

on Jan 20, 2021 at 8:55am   •  0 likes

many thanks our client app id is: SH6M36tASyOYPuBuCpbi5Q

the implementation code can be downloaded from here (its php so I could not attach or paste in): https://we.tl/t-qyzarB0Hra

on Jan 20, 2021 at 9:43am   •  0 likes

I cannot access the code. I found your app and I am so sure that either the app credentials or the user's credentials are incorrect.

I cannot ask you to confirm sensitive information here so either you submit a support ticket request. Or double-check the credentials.

I don't fully understand what you wrote earlier either "we are generating a token with production user credentials (and have tested on another user credentials) and app client id and client secret"

What did you mean by "have tested on another user?" When you login, do you use the main company number or the extension's direct phone number? Do you also use the extension number? If you can post the code where you implement login, I can check it for you. But remember to remove sensitive info such as password and client secret.

answered on Jan 18, 2021 at 8:10am  

You must login with user's credentials of users in the production. And make sure you are using the app client id and client secret for the production.

If you can login https://service.ringcentral.com with that user's credentials, you must be able to login your app with that credentials.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us