question

jason-lapenna13143 avatar image
jason-lapenna13143 asked dieter-rencken15011 answered

Dial by Name Directory Insanely large, can it be broken down by Location/Site ?

Our companies dial by name Directory is way to big to even use anymore and all our offices are dropping it. The more offices we put online are only making the problem worse as more and more users/names are being added to it.

Can it not be broken down by office/site/location like the admin groups are? Instead of the ENTIRE company nationwide using the same dial by name directory? Or any other IVR based work around/solution for this? As now our receptionist calls for people searching for someone have increased rather drastically.

rest api
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike-l avatar image mike-l commented ·

We have the same issue. We need the directory to be smaller for customers that call in.

3 Likes 3 ·
Bob Feezor avatar image Bob Feezor commented ·

I agree plus those who see the Company Directory and the Team file (which have the same info, don't want their info available to everyone in the company.

1 Like 1 ·
Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered jason-lapenna13143 commented

I guess that you are talking about using the RingCentral soft-phone, right?

If that is the case, it is not a programming thing so I cannot help you here. Instead, you can post the question in the RingCentral product support site to get better advices.

I myself add contacts to my favorite list so I can often pick a callee from there.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jason-lapenna13143 avatar image jason-lapenna13143 commented ·

DEFINITION= Dial By Name Directory: The dial by name directory is an application that allows callers to reach users in your system by keying in the first few letters of a name in order to directly dial the user that the caller is looking for... If not, the directory will simply spell out the person's name to the caller.

It is something RC already has but it needs to be broken down into smaller groups. It's for when people OUTSIDE of the office are trying to reach someone INSIDE and are using the keypad to find them by spelling their name. Our dial by name directory is including the entire company instead of on a by location basis.

For instance if someone trying to reach their agent in a New York office, they don't need to be hearing all the names of people in offices from the entire country...

0 Likes 0 ·
jason-lapenna13143 avatar image
jason-lapenna13143 answered

No, it is definitely NOT that at all and has nothing to do with the app.

DEFINITION= Dial By Name Directory: The dial by name directory is an application that allows callers to reach users in your system by keying in the first few letters of a name in order to directly dial the user that the caller is looking for... If not, the directory will simply spell out the person's name to the caller.

It is something RC already has but it needs to be broken down into smaller groups. It's for when people OUTSIDE of the office are trying to reach someone INSIDE and are using the keypad to find them by spelling their name. Our dial by name directory is including the entire company instead of on a by location basis.

For instance if someone trying to reach their agent in a New York office, they don't need to be hearing all the names of people in offices from the entire country...

1 |3000

dieter-rencken15011 avatar image
dieter-rencken15011 answered

The ability to constrain the dial by name directory to a site is now available. I don't know that the article on how to do it has been published yet, but it should also be there soon.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys