News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Is this possible with the Voice/Telephony APIs?
Tags: rest api
Jan 29, 2021 at 7:15am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Ben Weston

Hi all,

We're all looking to build a simple web app to accompany our RingCentral account (with 5 lines). Ideally, we'd like the API to be able to authenticate with RingCentral behind the scenes and automatically choose an available 'line' to ring out on so that the user doesn't have to directly authenticate with RingCentral (only our own system) and not worry about which line they're ringing out on. Our own system can handle line limits, etc.

Is this possible with the RingCentral API (and ideally JavaScript) implementations or does the end user have to sign in directly with RingCentral credentials?

Thanks in advance,

Ben

2 Answers
answered on Jan 29, 2021 at 8:50am  

Hi Phong, thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

This is one-way only: dialing out. We want our employees to log in to our system and be presented with a list of scheduled calls for them (obviously our system would handle all of that). When they click 'call', it would automatically choose a free RingCentral line and dial out on that line (with recording).

Essentially, we want our system to authenticate with RingCentral and do all the heavy lifting so that the user can just click 'call' and not worry about logging in to a RingCentral account or anything like that.

on Jan 29, 2021 at 12:04pm   •  0 likes

I am not sure if this helps your use case, but here is what I can suggest you to explore. I assumed that this is a private app that serves only your own company.

Use the Ring Out API to place a call between 2 numbers (e.g. your employee's number and a customer's number). You can use the Presence API to to detect free "employee".

answered on Jan 29, 2021 at 8:29am  

Can you revise your question so I can understand what you want to achieve? Right now, I am not sure who calls whom and what phone is supposed to be ringing?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us