News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
List of emoji shortcuts
Tags: message
Jul 8, 2020 at 4:09am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
karl-cepull
Is there someplace that you list the text shortcuts for the various emojis?
For example, :point_up: in your text will be replaced with the "finger pointing up" emoji, and :+1: will be replace with the "thumbs up" emoji.
Where is a list of these shortcuts? I don't want to have to click and scroll to find the emoji I want - I'd rather just type ":thumbsup:" or something (which used to work in the old client, BTW). But, I can't find the list of shortcuts!

Additionally, there seems to be some conflicting code around entering emojis with shortcuts. It seems there are two ways - using the "word surrounded by colons", and using the "punctuation" method made popular on mobile devices.
For example, I can enter a smiley face by typing ":)" or ":-)" in my text, which is common on mobile devices. Or, I can use the "RC way" of doing it by typing ":smile:".
However, these two methods seem to battle with each other sometimes. For example, to enter a "face with tongue sticking out" using the first method, I would type ":-P" in my text. However, when I type that in, as soon as I type the "P", RC thinks I'm trying to enter an emoji using the "RC" (colons) way of doing it, and pops up with a helpful list of emojis that start with ":p", like ":person_with_pouting_face:". With the old RC client, if I typed ":-P" and hit enter quickly enough, it would get replace with the "tongue sticking out" emoji, but with the new "unified" client, it is replaced with the "person with pouting face" emoji - a MUCH DIFFERENT emotion!

This really needs to get cleaned up if RC is going to be a viable chat client. Your competition has a much more polished interface and feature set, and you seem to be taking steps backwards with the new unified client, instead of making things better! :-(
1 Answer
answered on Feb 1, 2021 at 8:37am  

Emojis have now been added to the app.

To learn how to use or access this feature please view the following page.

Managing your messages in the RingCentral app desktop and web

Then just scroll down to the section titled "Reacting to a post with emojis".

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us