News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Enable A2PSMS permission
Tags: rest api
Feb 2, 2021 at 11:47am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
API User

We want to use your High Volume SMS plan that is highlighted on your products page but really been having a hard time getting to the point of actually using it.

In order for the application to graduate to production, we have to exercise all permission via the sandbox endpoint. However, we can't exercise A2P permissions because those API endpoints aren't available in sandbox, so we ended up applying without permission. The arbitrary process of meeting requirements and waiting for review approval wasted us 2 weeks.

Once we finally got the production credentials, we enrolled one number into the High Volume SMS plan but never gotten assigned the A2P permission. We submitted a help ticket to the developer support team and have waited for a week without any updates. What is the reason for us not being able to add permissions after app graduation? Requirements change in software all the time and would we really have to create a new application and go through the 2-week graduation process to just use one of your features?

Help us out here, we want to use your product but we're starting to get a feeling that you don't want us to use it.

on Feb 2, 2021 at 12:36pm   •  0 likes

BTW, do you have the case number when you submitted the support ticket? I need to follow up on this issue with the support team.

2 Answers
answered on Feb 2, 2021 at 12:47pm  

We did use the form to enroll our phone number with prod client ID of our application. The phone number got enrolled, but the permission hasn't been added.

Our client app id is "YKuxs_IsTK-gji46NW9MkA"

on Feb 2, 2021 at 12:50pm   •  0 likes

Done!

In fact, you should have to add the permission yourself when creating the app. The A2PSMS permission is public. don't for get to give me the case number.

on Feb 2, 2021 at 12:53pm   •  0 likes

I don't understand how we can add permission ourselves and then be able to exercise it in order to get prod access?

on Feb 2, 2021 at 12:55pm   •  0 likes

You just add the permission. While provision your number, we will graduate your app to production.

on Feb 2, 2021 at 1:19pm   •  0 likes

I see, you might want to clarify that somewhere in the documentation as that wasn't intuitive. Thanks.

answered on Feb 2, 2021 at 12:35pm  

How did you enroll for High Volume SMS. If you enrolled via this request form, you can provide your app client id so we will move it to the production for you. That is the reason we ask for app client id.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfAFq6eJWohYqb-4yr6n3FeJGx0DXySel-WxE29Tc_rblZ4zA/viewform

If you have not done so, give me your app client id.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us