question

Alexandre Beauclair avatar image
Alexandre Beauclair asked Phong Vu commented

How can I add extensions/phone numbers from the API?

Hi,

So I can already use the API to create a new user in my Sandbox environment successfully, and assign a currently unassigned extension/phone number to that user.

Let's say then, that I run out of unassigned extensions. Is there a way to "buy" or add a new extension/phone number from the API? There is a "Create Extension" API endpoint, which I assume would do what I need? Will it automatically update the billing cycle with the new extension added to it?

rest apiextension
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

The number of user extensions in an account is limited by the account type. Currently, a sandbox account can have a max of 4 user extensions. A production account under the "Essentials" plan can have a max of 10 user extensions. Other production account plans have an unlimited number of user extensions.

When your account reaches the max limit, you cannot create new user extensions anymore from both service web and via API.

if you need to add more users after reaching the max limit:

1. For a production account, you can contact your RingCentral account manager.

2. For a sandbox account that is associated with your production account, you can submit a help ticket to our developer support team.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Alexandre Beauclair avatar image Alexandre Beauclair commented ·

In our production environment, we currently have a number of Office Licenses. I assume the max number of extensions is limited by the amount of licenses (1 extension per license), correct?

I'm a little confused when you say "When your account reaches the max limit, you cannot create new user extensions anymore from both service web and via API", especially the part about not being able to create additional extensions from the service web.
I seem to be able to use the admin panel to buy additional licenses, which in turn let me create new extensions, right?

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Alexandre Beauclair commented ·

Let me move your question to Customer community so they can help better with this.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app