News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
How do I delete a contact?
Tags: contacts
Jan 28, 2021 at 8:14am   •   5 replies  •  0 likes
Scott Delano

I invited a user to join RingCentral with an incorrect email address. The invite is pending but the user will never answer. I need to revoke the invite and delete the contact. How do I do it?

on Feb 9, 2021 at 5:17am   •  0 likes

The trash can icon is not showing for me. I tried on the desktop app and on the web app using Chrome and Firefox. Still no thrash can icon. Any idea why?

on Feb 9, 2021 at 8:29am   •  0 likes

@Scott Delano, this is available on the new RingCentral App. The one you have to install on your Windows or Mac. Accessing it on Chrome and Firefox is the classic one which is not available there.

on Mar 13, 2022 at 1:59pm   •  0 likes

I have a CONTACT (Company) that has an incorrect email address and the name is not spelled correctly. The CONTACT has never activated their account. I cannot seem to delete this contact. Can you help?

company.png

user.png

on Feb 8, 2021 at 2:47pm   •  0 likes

I would like an answer to this as well...

2 Answers
answered on Mar 15, 2022 at 5:03am  

Thank you Mary, but as you can see from the screen shots below, there are no 'THREE DOTS' or 'TRASH CAN'.

To confirm, I am doing this from the RingCentral desktop APP, clicking on CONTACTS and COMPANY.rc-1.png

rc-2.png

I've disconnected my Microsoft 365 account, so the only contacts I have are the two PAID USERS:
Bill Lawrence (ext. 101)

Matt Lawrence (ext. 102)

One guest Kathy Lawrence, who is OK, and Jj who needs to be deleted and then added as Jordan Lawrence.

on Mar 16, 2022 at 9:28am   •  0 likes

Hi Bill, this is only applicable for guest users. Contacts that are under company can't be changed in the app. You need to go to the Admin Portal and delete the user extension for that contact, then you can create a new one.

answered on Feb 8, 2021 at 2:57pm  

Please see these screenshots below for visual reference. All you need to do is click the trashcan icon when mousing over the user in the guest list or you can open the profile of the invited user . Click the vertical three dots icon, and then Remove guest.image-1.png

image-2.png

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us