News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Call Queues - Rotating
Tags: call queue call handling
Feb 9, 2021 at 10:41am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Todd Jennings

I have a call queue set on rotating but the calls come in based on how long someone has been idle. So if i have a guy who makes a lot of outbound calls he wont get many of these calls because he wont be idle for long. however if I have a lazy person who isn't making many outbound calls and is only working the inbound calls then he will be idle for longer every time and in turn get the bulk of the inbound calls.

Id like this to just rotate through people and if someone is one a call it will just skip him and go to the next guy. for example if someone is ext. 101 he gets the first call then ext. 102 gets the next and if ext. 103 is on the call it will just go to the person at 104 and etc..

is this possible ?

1 Answer
answered on Feb 9, 2021 at 10:52am  

Hi @Todd Jennings, you may try sequential order instead. It will ring available members one at a time in the configured order. If any of those members are unavailable, it will automatically skip it and ring the next one instead.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us