News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Webhook subscription error C#
Tags: rest api
Oct 7, 2019 at 5:31am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
Ivie O

Hello,

I am getting an error on my webhook subscription.,

sub-521 WebHook is not reachable, even though I can see that the webhook is being invoked because it hits the breakpoint inside the if statement shown in attached; see error below that. I get a Status 200 Ok response when I invoke the webhook from PowerShell or Postman. I am using ASP.NET/C#. I've also included the subscription code. Thank you for your help.

3 Answers
answered on Feb 22, 2021 at 10:54am  

Hello, I found the same problem , the solution for me was put the StreamReader in a Task.Run and use await for waiting the reader.

answered on Oct 7, 2019 at 8:48am  

The message "Webhook is not reachable" could meant the validateToken was not returned in time or not returned at all.

Did you follow the instructions exactly shown in this quick start? If not, try that.

You highlighted the error on line 45. If that is true, what is the error details?

answered on Oct 7, 2019 at 11:42am  

It works when I create the webhook project from the command line (dotnet new web). I am only seeing that error when I create the web project in Visual Studio (empty template).

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us