News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Remove the announcement to announce yourself when doing a conference call.
Tags: combine calls
Jan 15, 2021 at 9:50am   •   10 replies  •  8 likes
Melissa Fitzpatrick

With the newest RingCentral update, we are having all 3 parties on a simple conference call, hear a notice to announce yourself to join a call. This is not a meeting that we've scheduled, it's a simple connection of 3 people. We should have the option to remove this. We were given a workaround to hit *#8 to remove the announcement. We are making hundreds of conference calls per day. This is not a good solution. We need this addressed ASAP. Not sure how you can make a global update like this and not get input from your users who actually use this feature.

on Feb 25, 2021 at 7:01am   •  0 likes

This makes my day. I'm glad we can put this on Ring Central's radar. With my workflow I'll be talking to a customer, dial in a colleague, and when I merge calls there's this big interruption to announce myself. I'm the one who called both parties and already spoke with them. At least let me disable the message!

on Feb 15, 2021 at 2:13pm   •  1 likes

I agree! Please remove ASAP.

on Jan 15, 2021 at 10:57am   •  0 likes

Hi Melissa,

If this is only a simple connection of 3 people, why not use the three way calling instead?

screen-shot-2021-01-08-at-54644-am.png

screen-shot-2021-01-08-at-54718-am.png

screen-shot-2021-01-08-at-54747-am.png

on Feb 19, 2021 at 9:17am   •  0 likes

This is exactly what is causing this issue, Mary. We're just adding someone to a call and merging and getting this ridiculous message.

on Jan 21, 2021 at 9:14am   •  0 likes

The annoying announcement comes after clicking merge on a simple three way call you are describing. No way to disable it in the new RC desktop app.

on Feb 5, 2021 at 1:14pm   •  1 likes

I couldn't agree more. Terrible new feature!!

on Jan 27, 2021 at 3:09pm   •  1 likes

This is ridiculous. How are not more people up in arms about this. It's silly, totally embarrassing and annoying. I add someone to call and it literally says "YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON IN THE CONFERENCE PLEASE ANNOUNCE YOURSELF" followed by awkward silence from the participants and myself saying to ignore.

PLEASE GIVE US A FIX!!

on Feb 19, 2021 at 9:17am   •  0 likes

We're dealing with this right now too. How is this a default? Especially when there IS clearly one other person on the line? We should have the option to remove this because it's embarrassing telling folks that this will happen and to ignore it.

on Jan 25, 2021 at 9:46am   •  0 likes

How exactly does this *#8 thing work?

The old RingCentral Phone app does not do the announcement thing as it does not automatically merge the calls into a conference. It's a pain in the butt to switch users back to the old versions that would also function as a workaround.

on Jan 15, 2021 at 9:51am   •  1 likes

Also seems ridiculous that I have to create a message on a community board instead of having this addressed by the technician on the call.

on Jan 21, 2021 at 9:11am   •  1 likes

I just got done telling the RC tech support person this on the phone! It is very frustrating as a customer to do an extra step after already calling in and waiting on hold and walking through the issue. Now I have to log in to a support page and create a post for people to vote on?!!!

on Jan 20, 2021 at 2:50pm   •  1 likes

Melissa - We are also experiencing this. I reached out to support and they recommended I vote on your comment. Please vote on this idea and we can hopefully reach the developers! https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/CUSTCOM-I-991

2 Answers
answered on Feb 25, 2021 at 7:34am  

Idea / Bug / Feature Request Link: https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/CUSTCOM-I-991 (submitted Jan 20, 2021)

answered on Feb 25, 2021 at 7:15am  

Hi Everyone, does someone wants to volunteer and submit a feature request for this? It would be highly appreciated. Please add it in our Ideas Portal. Go to https://ideas.ringcentral.com/

answered on Jan 21, 2021 at 9:13am  

The annoying announcement comes after clicking merge on a simple three way call you are describing. No way to disable it in the new RC desktop app.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us