News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Account says "It seems your account does not have a phone number which is provisioned for High Volume SMS." Email suggests otherwise
Tags: sms and text messaging
Feb 19, 2021 at 11:47am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Umair Arshad

I recently applied for a high volume sms account as I work for a company that wants to use ring central more for it's mass text messages. A few days back, I got a message saying that I the number I use for programmable messages was enabled for this:

1613763639351.png

Now this is the number (+12815170550) I used for sending messages, it is not the number I login with. I know there is a way to tie multiple phone numbers to one account, and that is a feature I am interested in. However currently I am trying to learn more about sending mass sms messages, and when I login to the link in the email (https://ringcentral-a2p-sms.herokuapp.com/) I get the following message:

1613763796710.png

"It seems your account does not have a phone number which is provisioned for High Volume SMS. Please follow the instructions below to acquire a number: "

Was my number enabled? Was the number enabled on a different account? Is there something else I need to do? Any advice would be helpful.

on Mar 6, 2021 at 1:24pm   •  0 likes

Did they tell you how many text message can you send a second with "High Volume SMS" I know the software we created "Send It" allows 60 per minute, per line.

on Mar 8, 2021 at 3:08pm   •  0 likes

Not sure where did you get the message "Send It allows 60 per minute, per line."

With High Volume SMS, it is up to 3 messages per second. However, it depends on the system's queues at that moment.

1 Answer
answered on Mar 8, 2021 at 3:04pm  

Are you the owner of that number? If not, ask the admin to assign that phone number to your extension.

on Mar 9, 2021 at 12:05pm   •  0 likes

Hey Mr.Vu, the phone number is the company's main number. I had used it for programmable messages, but it seems I cannot use it for this.

I have asked for a new number, my direct number 12819624626, to be enabled. Thanks

on Mar 9, 2021 at 12:11pm   •  0 likes

And if you want to use the main company number, you need to assign thru the IVR setting to an extension. And that extension can login to use it.

on Mar 9, 2021 at 12:09pm   •  0 likes
on Mar 9, 2021 at 12:25pm   •  0 likes

I have done so.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us