News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Need to Sign in single step for embeddable widget which is browser based and private
Tags: authentication
Feb 26, 2020 at 9:45am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
akkarao b

Hi, i am implementing embeddable widget in my web application.SO i am using an app which is private and browser based.When i am signing in it is taking 3 steps(Authorization Code flow) to sign into widget but i need to sign in a single step. That is like Just passing username,extension,password,app key,app server etc i need to able login in in single flow.Please reply.

3 Answers
answered on Feb 26, 2020 at 6:26pm  

ok thank you.After signing in i am not getting auth token in my control.How to get auth token in my application to hit APIs in my web application.

answered on Feb 26, 2020 at 10:22am  

The embeddable does not support password flow authentication. That is why it requires the app to be "browser based" and uses authorization flow authentication.

answered on Feb 26, 2020 at 11:12am  

Any embedded or browser based application will always have Authorization Code flow which is more secure and provides better security and you need to follow that steps.

"RingCentral supports the Authorization Code flow for apps that can protect a client secret and Implicit Grant flow for apps that cannot (e.g. a browser-only application). "

Here is full details:

https://ringcentral-faq.readthedocs.io/en/latest/oauth/

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us