News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
How to setup simultaneous outbound faxes?
Tags: rest api
Apr 19, 2021 at 3:15pm   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Manh Le

Currently, we have fax server on premise with multiple modem/analog lines. There are 4 dedicated lines for outbound. So, we can have up to 4 faxes sending simultaneously. Our developer is working on RC fax API to route outbound fax to RC. We don't know how many simultaneous faxes can be sent at one time per line/extension on RC. Do we need to setup a fax group (with multiple line/extension) for outgoing faxes, so the outbound fax can hunt for available line to send without waiting? We fax average 6000 page (patient result) per month to MD office and hospital. We don't want any delay if faxes are sitting in queue and sending out one by one.

on Apr 20, 2021 at 7:16am   •  0 likes

Hi, faxes are sent individually to recipients and may take 1 minute per page. You may check these KB Articles to know more about Fax Transmission.

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/Fax-Troubleshooting-Checklist.html

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/Factors-Affecting-Fax-Transmission.html

on Apr 20, 2021 at 8:13am   •  0 likes

In our scenario, we want to send multiple faxes at the same time to prevent the delay. How can we achieve that with Ring Central Fax API? We have multiple extension from Ring Central. Can we create or add multiple extension to a fax group and send fax to the group?

on Apr 20, 2021 at 8:38am   •  0 likes

@Manh Le, I will be moving your posts to our Developers site so they can help you with this.

on Apr 20, 2021 at 9:01am   •  0 likes

Thank you Mary.

1 Answer
answered on Apr 21, 2021 at 9:56am  

Basically, every user extension under your account (company) will share the same fax number (which usually is your main company number). Thus, every fax sending out thru the same number will be on the same queue.

For your use case, I suggest that you should add more phone numbers (let's say 3 more plus the current main company number to match your 4 lines). Then you should create 4 dedicated extensions (let's name them "Fax station 1", "Fax station 2" etc.. Each "Fax station" extension will be assigned with a different fax number.

Set Fax settings for each extension

screen-shot-2021-04-21-at-94712-am.png

Select Fax number for each extension

screen-shot-2021-04-21-at-94733-am.png

Now it's up to you to implement your fax app to select a "Fax Station" extension to send out a fax. You can query fax messages status of each "Fax Station" to see how many faxes are on the queue of that fax station and decide which one you want to use for sending a new fax.

on Apr 23, 2021 at 10:28am   •  0 likes

Thank you Phong Vu. Your information and instruction are very helpful. We also need to know if we can customize and use our own fax cover page instead of the built-in cover page from Ring Central. I read an article from RC community about custom cover page from Ring Central App. Not sure we can create and use custom cover page with Fax API. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

on Apr 26, 2021 at 7:34am   •  0 likes

Unfortunately, there is no API for creating a custom cover page. You can customize your cover page under the same user's fax settings with cover page info. Or, you can workaround this by creating a cover page dynamically, convert it to pdf or an image and send it as the first page of your fax.

on Apr 26, 2021 at 7:59am   •  0 likes

Hi Phong Vu. You are very helpful.

on Apr 26, 2021 at 8:04am   •  0 likes

Hi Phong, my understanding is Ring Central line support both voice and fax. Can we receive inbound or make outbound call when sending/receiving fax on the same line? For example, we have extension 110 that configure for both voice and fax. Will the line be busy for voice call when it is sending/receiving fax? Or, voice and fax are functioning independently for each line.

on Apr 26, 2021 at 11:07am   •  0 likes

I am not 100% sure but can be 99% sure that a fax line will be busy if there is an active voice call on that line. It's not hard to check and verify such a situation though. Just make a call and send a fax during a call.

on Apr 26, 2021 at 2:03pm   •  0 likes

Actually, I tested this before I ask you. It seems I can still make or receiving phone call when the fax is sending. We just want to check with you to see if you know about this. Can you find out and confirm this for us? I just test again with extension 110. I can still login to Ring Central phone to make or receive voice call when the fax is sending out on extension 110.

on Apr 27, 2021 at 10:46am   •  0 likes

Are you sure that while you are on the call from the same number as the fax number, the fax is in "sending", and NOT in "queue" status? Basically, you can be on a call and start sending a fax, but our system will create the fax and put it in the queue and as soon as the call is disconnected, the line be comes available, then the fax will be sent. Pls double check and let me know. Or if I have some time, I will test this out.

on Apr 27, 2021 at 11:03am   •  0 likes

I started the fax first. I see the fax is in queue and sending. It is a 20 pages fax and it take a while to send. During the fax is sending, I test with the call. It works fine for either inbound or outbound call.

on Apr 27, 2021 at 2:17pm   •  0 likes

Good to know. My knowledge about fax line could be out dated and now it is more advance. I will let you know if I could verify with the engineering team.

answered on Apr 20, 2021 at 8:12am  

In our scenario, we want to send multiple faxes at the same time to prevent the delay. How can we achieve that with Ring Central Fax API? We have multiple extension from Ring Central. Can we create or add multiple extension to a fax group and send fax to the group?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us