question

barry-elk7363 avatar image
barry-elk7363 asked barry-elk7363 answered

New RingCentral desktop app - Team sort order

Hello
In RingCentral Classic, I could create folders, add teams to folder and in the left sidebar, the teams would automatically sort top to bottom in recency. ie - a new post in a team would push that team to the top of the folder list (in addition to bolding the team name.)

In the new Ring Central (Mac M1) - the order of the teams seems to be fixed within the folders. I can drag a team to the top and it stays there. A new post in another team turns the team bold but does not re-sort the order of the teams within the folder.

All of my Direct Messages re-sort correctly - but none of them are in folders. So I'm thinking it is a folder function.

Anyone else see the same behavior?

ringcentral appmessage
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered mary-community-moderator commented

Hi @barry-elk, that's the current behavior of folders in the new RingCentral app.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

barry-elk7363 avatar image barry-elk7363 commented ·

Boo!

Seems like a strange feature to remove completely. Could see it being an option to select as some people might want a fixed order - but not intuitive at all - particularly if you have been using Classic.

Another reason why I think retiring RC Classic is premature...

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ barry-elk7363 commented ·

We appreciate your feedback @barry-elk, please submit your idea in our Ideas Portal at https://ideas.ringcentral.com/.

0 Likes 0 ·
barry-elk7363 avatar image
barry-elk7363 answered

Frustrating that I have to submit an idea for a feature that was removed...

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app