News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Promoted to production .. but getting authorization error
Tags: api sms
Apr 28, 2021 at 8:18am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Ashlesha Shirodkar

I see we are promoted to production. Do i need to set up credentials using Setup Wizard for our main account the same way i did for sandbox account?

2 Answers
answered on Apr 28, 2021 at 8:41am  

I don't know what is the "Setup Wizard" you mentioned above. But here is the fundamental requirement.

Use your app credentials (app client id and client secret) for you sandbox when you test it in sandbox environment.

Use your app credentials (app client id and client secret) for you production when you run your app in production environment.

screen-shot-2021-04-28-at-83427-am.png

If you use a RingCentral SDK, e.g. the RingCentral JS SDK, here is the example how to specify the app client id and secret

// sandbox server: "https://platform.devtest.ringcentrsl.com"
// production server: "https://platform.ringcentrsl.com"

var rcsdk = new RingCentral({ server: RINGCENTRAL_SERVER, clientId: RINGCENTRAL_CLIENTID, clientSecret: RINGCENTRAL_CLIENTSECRET });

on Apr 29, 2021 at 11:34am   •  0 likes

I am using the Production Credentials for "GSMLSTEXT" app. I am not sure about the password. I tried using my account password as well as Sandbox password. I get same error

I still get following error

error" : "invalid_grant",

"errors" : [ {

"errorCode" : "OAU-140",

"message" : "Invalid resource owner credentials"

} ],

"error_description" : "Invalid resource owner credentials"

answered on Apr 28, 2021 at 12:38pm  

I am now using the Production Credentials . The password is same as the one is used for Sandbox

I still get following error

error" : "invalid_grant",

"errors" : [ {

"errorCode" : "OAU-140",

"message" : "Invalid resource owner credentials"

} ],

"error_description" : "Invalid resource owner credentials"

on Apr 29, 2021 at 11:32am   •  0 likes

I am still waiting for reply. I am unable to use Production Credentials for "GSMLSTEXT' app

on Apr 29, 2021 at 1:05pm   •  0 likes

First you wrote "I am not sure about the password", then you wrote "The password is same as the one is used for Sandbox"

The error is clearly said "Invalid resource owner credentials"

How are you sure about your password is correct?

Can you login your production account service web with that user credentials? If you can, use the exact username, extension number and password in your app and it must work. Otherwise, reset your password.

on Apr 29, 2021 at 1:20pm   •  0 likes

I am able to login production account service web with username as my email id ashlesha@gsmls.com and the password that i have set.

However when i do it through API

RequestBody formBody = new FormBody.Builder()

.add("grant_type", "password")

.add("username", objCredentials.getUsername())

.add("extension", objCredentials.getExtension())

.add("password", objCredentials.getPassword())

.build();

The user name i set is +19738981900 . The one i see in the Production Enviornment and the same password and extension as 101. For which i get

Invalid resource owner credentials error

on Apr 29, 2021 at 1:26pm   •  0 likes

None of the extension under your production account is "101". All has 4-digit number starting from "3000" and yours is "3365". WHY you use 101?

on Apr 29, 2021 at 1:29pm   •  0 likes

I see the following attached in snapshot. Can i use some other number to send Text message then. This is our office main Contact number.

1619728145213.png

on Apr 29, 2021 at 1:34pm   •  0 likes

I see what you mean, when i put my Phone number and extension , I could send the SMS. Can i set a different number which is dedicated to send SMS messages

on Apr 29, 2021 at 1:37pm   •  0 likes

As long as you own that phone number, meaning the number must be assigned to your extension.

on Apr 29, 2021 at 1:32pm   •  0 likes

That is the default. Your Admin changed it and the dev portal will not know about that change.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us