question

gmclean418 avatar image
gmclean418 asked Richard Haase answered

Long Delay in Fax Delivery

There is often a long delay (1-2 hours) after we submit a Fax API request, before RingCentral first attempts to deliver the fax. During this time, our outgoing fax messages just sit in the outbox of the extension that we're sending as. Anecdotally, this seems to happen more in the afternoon (Eastern USA time). I called the main RC support line, they told me that they cannot help and I need to contact developer support (which I did and waiting for a response).

I suspect this is not strictly an API issue, but I'm wondering if any other API users have experienced this. It's pretty important as our clients are not receiving time-sensitive messages in a timely manner. I wonder if RC is somehow de-prioritizing delivery of our messages, as we do send thousands of faxes per month using the API. This said, we are careful to not exceed the API rate limits.

Has anyone else had similar problems?

fax
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
Usually it takes us less than 2 minutes to send fax from the moment when it was applied. 

However the delay between moment when fax was created in DB and was sent  is depend on many parameters (number of recipients, size of attached files, etc).

Over the last few days we have had some network issues in production which are being investigated and resolved.

These issues in production could be affecting fax sending as well.

Are you continuing to see those same delays?
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

gmclean418 avatar image
gmclean418 answered
Benjamin, thanks for your response. Right now the messages in our outbox are only delayed 5-10 minutes, not bad considering that fax is not a real-time means of communication!

Most recently, we were seeing a 15-20 minute delay last Wednesday (3/16) and a 90+ minute delay the previous day (3/15).

Hopefully your network issues in production are behind us.
1 |3000

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

This issue is too common in case of fax. There can be many reasons behind the delay. Maybe some network delay on bandwidth and traffic. The best options are to contact the developer support team via email or submit a support ticket and ask them to investigate.

1 |3000

Mateo Max avatar image
Mateo Max answered Mateo Max commented

I'm a newbie here. I just joined in this community. I would like to set up fax service in my office. Can you please help me?

2 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

First of all, you should ask this in a new question because this is not the same topic as your question.

Secondly, this does not help me to understand what you exactly want to do "I would like to set up fax service in my office".

0 Likes 0 ·
Mateo Max avatar image Mateo Max Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you so much for your reply. Sorry I didn't input more details in my reply. Actually, I am new to fax and I would like to use this service for free. That's why I am asking for some kind of help.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mateo Max avatar image
Mateo Max answered

How does a free fax service work? I found cocofax a few hours ago. I am going to try free electronic fax find out more. This one is for free. I don't need to pay anything if I want to use cocofax. :)

1 |3000

Richard Haase avatar image
Richard Haase answered

Hi Mateo, getting started with faxing online is easy, you can learn more in different tutorials online. I don't know about Cocofax, but RingCentral is very easy to use. Regarding the original question I've experienced delays once but the team at RC were very helpful.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys