article

ak avatar image
ak posted shan109 commented

How to check for Presence Events on Extensions

Description:

How do i get notified of an Incoming call on my RingCentral account. which API should i use to get Live Alert for Incoming Call.

Goal:

When there is an incoming call i want to be notified of the presence like the caller id and the name of the person who is calling me.

getting started
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ak avatar image ak commented ·

The presence of an incoming call could be checked using the Presence API listed under our API Explorer : 

GET     /v1.0/account/{accountId}/extension/{extensionId}/presence

To keep subscribing for this presence you could use the Subscription API listed under    our API Explorer :

Kindly refer to our developer guide under Presence section https://developer.ringcentral.com/api-docs/latest/index.html#!#RefPresence.html 

"Subscription" section https://developer.ringcentral.com/api-docs/latest/index.html#!#RefNotifications.html to know more.

0 Likes 0 ·
vyshakhbabji avatar image vyshakhbabji ♦♦ commented ·
We provide PHP , JS and Python SDK's  which handles subscriptions easily. 
0 Likes 0 ·
shan109 avatar image shan109 vyshakhbabji ♦♦ commented ·
Please can you provide an example as how I can achieve this via PHP/MySQL system.
Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
shan109 avatar image shan109 commented ·
Please can you provide an example as how I can achieve this via PHP/MySQL system.
Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys

Article

Contributors

Mary-Community_Moderator contributed to this article ak contributed to this article