We had a question from a developer who wanted to use the RIngCentral feature for sending faxes to a RingCentral user/extension number via email, and they ran into some issues.
I just tested the above scenario and was able to receive an inbound fax with an attachment as expected.
Here is how I was able to do that:
- Login to https://service.devtest.ringcentral.com as an admin for your sandbox account
- Make sure you have created a new user/extension and assigned them a Voice & Fax type direct number
- You should now be able to send faxes to the following two phoneNumbers/extensions/users in your Sandbox account:
- Your main company number can receive faxes in the Sandbox: <sandboxMainCompanyNumber>@rcfax.com
- Your newly created user/extension can receive faxes in the Sandbox: <userPhoneNumber>@devtest.rcfax.com
* NOTE: Sending to user extensions in the Sandbox, the domain is different @devtest.rcfax.com
- Send your email(s) to the number you're testing to receive the fax from email.
- Go check your user's call logs and you should see faxes that have been sent.
Here is the question that was asked by this developer in the community for your reference: