RingCentral has implemented a set of criteria we use in order to have mutual confidence of performance and stability of the apps/integrations requesting Production API Keys (Production Access).
This is why the Sandbox environment/account exists, as it is the place for you to develop your app/integration as you would in production (without the risk or impact of damaging your production RingCentral account and data).
Production Access Minimum Requirement Criteria
- Has the app/integration owner provided a complete and detailed description and use-case summary?
- Apps are required to make a minimum of 5+ API calls per each used endpoint (20+ in total)
Your app should send at least 5 successful ( 2xx ) requests to each of the endpoints it uses while the overall number of successful requests (2xx response) should not be less than 20. OAuth 2.0 requests do not count
- There should not be any unused API permissions added to your app. Your app should Exercise all the requested permissions"
Example: Your app should be making the relevant API requests using all your app permissions. NOTE: If you are not making use of certain permissions, you may remove them or reply to this email with the permissions you do not need and we will remove them on your behalf and re-evaluate your app for graduation.
- Your app should have less than 5% of 4xx errors out of total API calls amount during the last two days ( UTC timezone ) and not exceed the RingCentral API throttling limits.
Example: Your app/integration should not have received one or more HTTP 429 responses Too many request error (https://devcommunity.ringcentral.com/ringcentraldev/topics/429-too-many-requests-error )
- Your should be properly using the access and refresh tokens