News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Page tone/beep too loud
Tags: phone, hardware, hardware
Oct 28, 2021 at 9:13am   •   2 replies  •  2 likes
gg1

We are using a RingCentral recommended CyberData 011146 as the SIP paging server to integrate with our legacy paging system and amplifier.

When someone initiates a page by using the hard phone key or dialing *84, we are having volume issues.

It seems that RingCentral adds a "beep" tone at the start of the page. The beep tone that RingCentral adds is significantly louder than the speaking volume of the person announcing the page. We have struggled with normalizing the volume between speaking and the RingCentral beep through volume adjustments on the amp and in the CyberData web UI. We have not had good results.

The CyberData SIP paging server has the ability to play its own page noise or beep when a call is connected, but it does not block the incoming RingCentral beep. It is the case that we can have both the CyberData and RingCentral beep play at the same time, or we can have the RingCentral beep alone.

There appears to be no way to suppress sound for the first 0.25s of a call to block the RingCentral beep.
There appears to be no way to customize the RingCentral beep.
There appears to be no way to change the volume of the RingCentral beep.

Does anyone have any tips on how we can normalize the speaking volume of people making pages relative to the RingCentral beep tone before the page?

on Oct 18, 2021 at 6:41pm   •  0 likes

From Greene Broillet And Wheeler Company,

We have an active an account with RingCentral, The beeping sound is too loud for cyberdata device.

i called your company and ask assistance with one of your technical support and we were not able to find the solution even if we already access the portal for Cyberdata. We need immediate action for this issue to get resolve for the bepping sound is too loud and distracting. My Case ID is 13675756. Please have someone to check an resolve this issue for me ASAP

on Oct 19, 2021 at 8:01am   •  0 likes

Hello Ken, as mentioned by other customers above, they have the same concern, and we don't have the settings to adjust it. Kindly submit a feature request in our Ideas Portal at https://ideas.ringcentral.com/.

on Jun 22, 2021 at 12:50pm   •  1 likes

I also have a customer who said the sound level on the intercom beeps is unbearably loud. @ringcentral Please look to add sound adjustment on this feature. Thank you

I just had a customer bring this up as well. They say the beep is blindingly loud. Please consider adding on to this feature @ringcentral. Thanks

on Jun 22, 2021 at 1:17pm   •  0 likes

Hi Codte, kindly share this in our Ideas Portal at https://ideas.ringcentral.com/.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us