News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Set call handling to ring hardphone BEFORE mobile app
Tags: call forwarding
Oct 9, 2018 at 12:55pm   •   9 replies  •  3 likes
david-greenwood
We have a need to set the hardphone to ring first, then roll (sequentially) to either the mobile app or the cellphone.  When will this feature be available?
on Jul 14, 2021 at 3:22pm   •  0 likes

We agree with all the other commenters. Please fix this ASAP and allow the deskphone to ring before the desktop and mobile apps. As one of the key decision makers for our entity, this deficiency will likely lead to us switching carriers.

on Jul 14, 2021 at 3:24pm   •  0 likes

Jason, if you haven't yet, please vote here: https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/ENTCOM-I-231

on Jul 14, 2021 at 5:54pm   •  0 likes

Becky, your link doesn't work. It's a 404 record not found.

on Jul 15, 2021 at 7:25am   •  0 likes
on Jul 15, 2021 at 7:40am   •  0 likes

You took me to a link that tries to force me to create another account just to vote? Seriously?

on Jul 15, 2021 at 7:41am   •  0 likes

Sorry about that! Thanks, @Mary-Community_Moderator for jumping in with the live link!

on Jun 24, 2021 at 8:11am   •  0 likes

Thanks, Mary. Everybody knows it's not an option, and everybody has already voted for it. It's the most up-voted feature request for many years. We've all had this same conversation with your predecessors.

on Jun 24, 2021 at 12:47pm   •  0 likes

You're welcome, Rob. We will follow up with Product Team if this is on the roadmap.

on Jun 24, 2021 at 3:57pm   •  0 likes

Thanks, Mary. Let me know how that turns out.

on Jun 23, 2021 at 5:41pm   •  0 likes

Simultaneous is not a good solution. We're YEARS waiting for a change of order. When a person is at their desk, there's no reason their mobile phone or desktop app needs to ring at all.

on Jun 24, 2021 at 8:01am   •  0 likes

This feature is not yet an option, Rob. Please add your vote in our Ideas Portal at https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/ENTCOM-I-231.

on Jun 23, 2021 at 1:26pm   •  0 likes

Hi Mary - I'm pretty sure that's how I had it set up, but I will double-check it one more time in case it wasn't saved or something.

on Jun 23, 2021 at 1:29pm   •  0 likes

If it's already set up to simultaneous, make the desktop/mobile app into 0 rings. It's odd, but it will make your desk phone and app ring at the same time.

on Jun 23, 2021 at 1:30pm   •  0 likes

Ah, maybe that's the trick I'm looking for. Thanks!

on Jun 23, 2021 at 2:31pm   •  0 likes

You're welcome!

on Jun 23, 2021 at 11:42am   •  0 likes

Agreed. It's rather annoying to have to sit here listening to my cell phone and my desktop app ringing while I wait for my Polycom phone to start ringing so I can finally answer the call. I've taken to just disabling the mobile/desktop apps entirely.

I would also love to have this. I've got the desktop app, the phone app, and a Polycom hardware phone. If I'm at my desk, I nearly always want to answer using the hard phone, but I have to sit there listening to the mobile and desktop apps ringing for a while before the desk phone rings at all.

on Jun 23, 2021 at 1:23pm   •  0 likes

Hi Drew, have you tried to set up a simultaneous ring between the app and the desk phone? You can set up this so you can choose where to answer the call instead of waiting.

on Dec 16, 2020 at 2:41pm   •  0 likes

Agreed. Would like this feature too and have been told it is not currently available.

on Dec 16, 2020 at 2:55pm   •  0 likes

It's the oldest & most upvoted feature request in the RC Community. And has been met with crickets. Not even dignified with a "let us tell you why it's too hard for us to do."

on Dec 16, 2020 at 2:44pm   •  0 likes

Amen. So obvious a need. Come on Ring Central !

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us