News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Easy Account Switch Solution?
Tags: phone
May 17, 2021 at 11:18am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
teresa-fontanilla11990

I'm a dual account holder with two different companies. I have the main RC account (direct #) that I use for all activities and then I have an ext-only account (call 800# and dial ext) for my client. Most of my client's callers use my direct # but we use the RC desktop (formerly Glip) to communicate during the day or make quick calls with each other.

With the recent retirement of the RC desktop and softphone, I'm in need of a workaround. I tried setting up an ext /speed dial from my direct # but it's not working. Does anyone have a workaround?

on Jul 8, 2021 at 2:25pm   •  0 likes

Teresa, just seeing your post now. So sorry this one slipped through the cracks. Were you able to sort a solution?

on Nov 5, 2021 at 10:09am   •  0 likes

No solution as of yet and it's only getting worse with the two step verification process. The easy solutions would be to restore the RC Mobile app or take of the switch notification that appear so you can still use the app. This would be a good work around until you have a switch account feature.

We are heading down the road of looking for a different solution.

on Nov 5, 2021 at 11:01am   •  0 likes

Let me try to find the case for your issue and take a deeper look.

on Nov 5, 2021 at 11:15am   •  0 likes

Okay, yes, @teresa-fontanilla - I see the case. And as the support agent shared, this functionality is not yet in place.
I would recommend adding this as an idea to the Ideas Portal and we can work to bubble this up with the Product Team.
Sharing your use case gives other customers the opportunity to add their own if they are running into this issue.

I'm sorry I can't help more at this time.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us