News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Internet Down: What happens to a call when internet is out or phone is rebooting / unplugged???
Tags: outage, phone
Jun 16, 2015 at 3:29pm   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
Jackson Mills
I am curious as to what happens to calls when the internet is down or a phone is in reboot?  Will the call still run via Smart Phone App?  Would the call go straight to VM?  Would the call show still in my overview/call log??? 

We are having issues with our internet right now and some are complaining about the dial out... I am more curious as to the dial in...
on Aug 23, 2016 at 7:51am   •  1 likes

Hi All!  These are helpful answers.  Just to clarify, when/if the internet is down, the call handling settings will need to be switched to forward calls to mobile apps instead of physical phones?  The system cannot recognize that the internet is down and make this transition on its own?

on Jun 16, 2015 at 3:47pm   •  1 likes
Spot on Danno, Champion. You could also forward calls to your cell phone, otherwise, voice mail. You will NOT loose the call though. The caller will never go to a disconnect message. 
on Jun 17, 2015 at 4:07am   •  1 likes
And I should add, on the smart phone app, it will ring there even if the internet is down so long as you have the setting programmed for 3G/4G.
1 Answer
answered on Jun 16, 2015 at 3:33pm  
It follows whatever is programmed in the CALL HANDLING section of programming.  Worse case, dumps into your VM.  And yes, the call still appears in your call log.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us