News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Fax: How to block spam faxes
Tags: fax
Feb 9, 2016 at 10:21am   •   8 replies  •  0 likes
robinson1
Everyday I get a number of faxes on my Ring Central phone line.  
These are all SPAM.

I would like to block any faxes to my mobile phone

I would like to NOT have a recorded message show up that is just a bunch of fax noises
on Jul 29, 2020 at 7:18pm   •  0 likes
So you are getting voicemail messages with fax tone and not fax notifications with attachments?  Is your extension set to voice and fax or voice only?  I would think when set to voice and fax it should handle the faxes separately and let you manage them separately.
on Sep 19, 2018 at 11:03am   •  1 likes
I am the SuperAdmin and do block these on the #101 SuperExtension --- my issue is they are coming on average every half hour from a different (unique) **SPOOFED*** number so blocking these are becoming a tedious activity - like i have nothing else to do all day.
on Feb 10, 2016 at 9:25am   •  0 likes
Is there a way to block all faxes on my line?

The phone numbers change all the time.

Each fax show up as a message I have to listen to.

My real phone calls are burred in all these fax messages delaying my response to my customers.

on Sep 19, 2018 at 11:13am   •  0 likes
Yep.
on Sep 14, 2018 at 10:44am   •  0 likes
I'll just leave this here:  https://www.nojitter.com/post/240173839/will-spam-be-the-end-of-the-pstn

New research shows almost 50% of mobile calls will be spam in 2019, as further evidence of a growing epidemic.
on Sep 13, 2018 at 12:09pm   •  0 likes
2287 USA based users, 2200 Polycom VVX 500 handsets 3800 DID lines

2018-09-13  We are really getting slammed today with Spam Faxes on our Ext 101 (main superadmin ext)  from a new spoofed number every 30 minutes   --- we already have block restricted numbers and numbers without a number --- any others having success at blocking these folks ?
on May 16, 2016 at 5:02pm   •  0 likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Un-blockable Spam Faxes. Every week, I get two or three different spam faxes and if I were able to block the sender it would be no problem. However, they all come from "unavailable" and I'm unsure what I can do on my end to put a stop to these unnecessary spam faxes. 
1 Answer
answered on Feb 9, 2016 at 12:52pm  
Robinson - You have a few different options here: 

1) Block the number from your User Settings > Screening Greeting and Hold Music select Blocked Calls at the bottom. 
    Blocking these numbers will block both voice and faxes from the specific number.  If you set the number to "Voice Only" then you will get the voicemail with the fax tone. 

2) If there is multiple numbers to Block then it may be faster to select a bunch of the number at once from the Call Logs > select number > Block

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us