News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Internal Transfer Call Recordings Dropped
Tags: call recordings
Nov 11, 2020 at 2:00pm   •   3 replies  •  1 likes
Spencer Arnold

We run a call center where inbound calls are taken by our front line customer service agents and then transferred to specific teams to help assist our customers. The calls are put in a queue rather than sent to a specific agent. This is causing difficulties accessing the call recording of the second half of the call once transferred. The main reason we review the calls recording is for compliance, and our call monitoring department is unable to piece together all of these severed calls. Could you please make it so that internal transferred calls are bound together, so half the recording isn't missing?? I know the recordings are somewhere in the system, so I don't understand why they can't be linked. The current model you have now is not user friendly for call monitoring and transfers. I see this has been brought up by your users in the past, but I don't see much follow through on RC's end. Could you please clarify if I'm mistaken and if there are any plans to address/correct this issue in the near future?

on Nov 13, 2020 at 12:45pm   •  0 likes

Hello @Spencer Arnold, apologies! I would highly suggest opening a case HERE, and our phone support will investigate how we can look for a transferred call recording for us. I would assume that all call queues are also in automatic call recording. They will be able to explain where half of the call goes through. Thank you for your patience in this matter.

on Jul 31, 2021 at 12:49pm   •  0 likes

We're running into the same issues and in an industry where it's important to have these recorded. Any solve ever come of this?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us