News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
No Audio on Outbound Calls in RC App
Tags: hardware
Aug 5, 2021 at 7:21am   •   2 replies  •  1 likes
john-oliphant

Been using RC Phone on Win 10 for a while with my Jabra headset, it worked great. So I decided to switch to the bigger RC app to get familiar with it before we end up switching our entire organization.
But there's a problem...I have no audio on OUTBOUND calls.

If somebody calls me, it works great. If I call out, even internal numbers and queues, there is no audio at all.

The headset still works perfectly for Teams calls and meetings through Windows, but not outgoing calls with the RC Desktop App.

on Apr 29, 2022 at 6:53am   •  0 likes

I'm experiencing the exact same issue. I'm on MacOS 10.15.17 (but this has been a problem for a while)

on Aug 5, 2021 at 9:32am   •  0 likes

Hi John, we don't have a known issue the same as what you're experiencing. Would you please submit a support case?

on Aug 10, 2021 at 5:34am   •  0 likes

Hi Mary, I contacted support and the 2nd-level tech investigated and told me this was a "known bug" in the RC App desktop and there's no fix yet, other than to switch back to RCPhone for now.
The best test was when the tech had me use the web version of the app at https://app.ringcentral.com/ where the problem was still present.
Anyway, thanks for pointing me to support, and hopefully they get it worked out.

on Aug 10, 2021 at 7:31am   •  1 likes

Thanks for this helpful information, @john-oliphant.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us