News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Voicemail Silent Message
Tags: voicemail
Aug 2, 2019 at 4:53pm   •   3 replies  •  1 likes
arra-joie-santos

Wanted to remove the Silent message since not all of the customer are leaving voicemail their just staying on the line. For Example, Lisa called me on my phone number, she didnt really leave me a voicemail she just stayed on the line for 5 secs and hungs up, upon receiving my email notification, when i play the recording its just a silence on the line for the voicemail and theres really nothing in there. So if possible can we remove the Silence on the line and just play the message if there was really a message on the voicemail.

on Aug 5, 2021 at 7:19pm   •  0 likes

@Jessica-Community_Moderator Could you please report this issue as a current, urgent problem? Several people have tried leaving us voicemails and the voicemails are EMPTY, totally silent. I submitted a support case. Given that @homer-jones had the same issue a couple of weeks ago when we first had this problem, it seems to be a critical Ring Central issue.

I submitted an example of the silent / blank voicemail with our case.

on Aug 6, 2021 at 7:24am   •  0 likes

Hey, @ReluctantUser I wasn't able to find your account. Can you please share the case number so we can check into it?

on Aug 8, 2021 at 2:59pm   •  0 likes

I am having this issue as well. Almost all voicemail is silent for 30 - 40 seconds. On one vm I received a transcript, and I'm sure a couple of these people left messages. Has anyone who has encountered this problem found a solution? Greatly appreciated in advance.

on Aug 9, 2021 at 7:43am   •  0 likes

Hello @Randy, please create a case for this issue so the Tech Support Team can isolate and resolve it. Open a case here.

on Jul 13, 2021 at 11:04am   •  0 likes

You are lucky, mine are all like 50 seconds long. At least 90% of my voicemails are like this. I can't believe that this many people accidentally had the mute on their headsets turned on. There must be something wrong. This has started since I stopped using RingCentral phone and started using the RingCentral app.

1 Answer
answered on Aug 5, 2021 at 10:55pm  

@ReluctantUser You can try asking this as a feature request here: https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ for future implementation.

Though I am not sure how this can be filtered in voice mail. Maybe they need some kind of AI capabilities to detect silence in voice ignoring background sound

answered on Aug 5, 2021 at 7:16pm  

@Jessica-Community_Moderator Could you please report this issue as a current bug? Several people have tried leaving us voicemails and the voicemails are EMPTY, totally silent. I submitted a support case. Given that @homer-jones had the same issue a couple of weeks ago when we first had this problem, it seems to be a critical Ring Central issue.

I submitted an example of the silent / blank voicemail with our case. This problem is big enough for us to consider a new provider if it doesn't get fixed soon since 50% of why we use Ring Central is for voicemail.

answered on Aug 6, 2019 at 10:56am  
Hi Arra, 

This isn't a functionality right now. You'll still have to manually ignore or delete any blank voicemails. 

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us