News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Feature Request - Remove Message Tab Completely for Specific Users
Tags: message
Mar 16, 2021 at 10:26am   •   3 replies  •  1 likes
Yordanos Ayele

Currently, customers have the option to hide the Message tab in the RingCentral app and remove it from the main navigation, however, it is still accessible in the More menu. If they want to disable the Message function completely, they would have to disable messaging for the entire account. Can we make it possible to remove the Message functionality completely for specific users through roles/permissions?

Please review Support ticket #12428938 as a use case.

on Aug 24, 2021 at 7:26am   •  0 likes

I agree with this. We would like to remove the message tab from RC as well.

I agree. I would like the option to remove the messages tab. We already have a program we utilize.

on Aug 24, 2021 at 8:03am   •  0 likes

Hi @Alvin Packard, you can vote and add a comment for this feature here.

on Mar 16, 2021 at 10:58am   •  0 likes

Thanks for this, @Yordanos Ayele. I would highly suggest posting this to our idea portal. Please click HERE to post. Thank you!

1 Answer
answered on Sep 24, 2021 at 6:03am  

This feature has been added, but you have to contact Support to have this feature added to your account. Once they do, in your Roles you'll have an option called "Message Tab Shown in Main Navigation". That will show or hide all Messaging features for users who have that role assigned. Beware though, if Messaging is turned off, some of the HUD call/text menu buttons disappear. And if you have Messaging turned on, then the HUD status shows Offline for everyone and doesn't update like it should. I've contacted Support about both of these issues and they are working on it. If they resolve them, I will post another comment here.

on Sep 24, 2021 at 7:59am   •  0 likes

Hey, @Josh Berman Thanks for sharing this info!

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us