News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Breakout Rooms
Tags: breakout
Apr 15, 2021 at 8:06am   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
deann-pladson

Where are the breakout rooms in the new RingCentral App? I have them enabled in the administrator section of my account, but I cannot see the feature in the app during a video conference.

on Aug 30, 2021 at 8:01am   •  0 likes

Is there any update on Breakout Rooms in RingCentral Video? We are transitioning to RCV in mid September and need this feature to be present.

on Aug 30, 2021 at 12:27pm   •  0 likes

I had to get a subscription to Zoom..... Is Ring Central Video a separate app? Where do I find the download for Ring Central Video? To confirm, this is different than "Ring Central Meetings" correct?

on Aug 30, 2021 at 12:34pm   •  0 likes

@deann-pladson , RingCentral Video doesn't have a separate app. It is built-in with RingCentral App. You can learn more here.

on Aug 30, 2021 at 12:43pm   •  0 likes

I do not have access to any breakout rooms, using the video conference feature on the new Ring Central app. I will follow this thread for updates.

on Aug 30, 2021 at 12:53pm   •  0 likes

Is your app currently updated on the latest version?

on Aug 30, 2021 at 12:56pm   •  0 likes

21.3.21.635 Web, 21.3.21.1786 Windows

updated on 8/16/21

on Aug 30, 2021 at 1:36pm   •  0 likes

Please try to follow the instructions from this KB Article. If it is still not available, you may open a case for this.

https://support.ringcentral.com/app/video/desktop-web/creating-managing-breakout-rooms-ringcentral-video-desktop-web.html

on Apr 15, 2021 at 8:25am   •  0 likes

Hi @deann-pladson, That option is only available in RingCentral Meetings. Breakout Rooms is not yet available in RingCentral Video, but our Product Team will launch this in Q2. We'll keep you updated.

on Apr 16, 2021 at 12:46pm   •  0 likes

I don't understand how the "new" app could not have the features for breakout rooms. I thought that by May 1st we were to transition to the "new" app, meaning that the other apps would not work. This has to get remedied ASAP. DeAnn Pladson

on Apr 16, 2021 at 1:02pm   •  1 likes

We understand your frustration, DeAnn. We'll make sure to deliver your feedback to our Product Team.

on Apr 16, 2021 at 1:10pm   •  0 likes

Thank you.

on Apr 16, 2021 at 1:12pm   •  0 likes

You're welcome.

1 Answer
answered on Aug 30, 2021 at 9:13am  

Breakout Rooms is now available in RingCentral Video. You can learn more about this feature here.

on Aug 30, 2021 at 9:26am   •  0 likes

Do you know if/when this might be present in the Telus Business Connect versions of the software? What version of RCV has Breakout Rooms available? We seem to be on 21.2.34 for RCV.

on Aug 30, 2021 at 11:53am   •  0 likes

@Kyle Heney, I'll check with the Product Team for this. But you may uninstall/reinstall your app to be updated on the latest version.

on Aug 30, 2021 at 11:55am   •  0 likes

Thank you. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and our Telus Business Connect Video (using RCV) is still missing Breakout Rooms. It would be great if you can check with the product team.

on Sep 9, 2021 at 12:13pm   •  -1 likes

Hi Kyle, Breakout Rooms will be available for all partners within this month as per the Product Team. It will be enabled for you by a config flag.

on Sep 9, 2021 at 12:19pm   •  0 likes

Thank you for following up!

on Sep 9, 2021 at 12:42pm   •  0 likes

You're welcome. Let me know if you have further questions so I can reach out to them again.

on Oct 20, 2021 at 3:15am   •  0 likes

Hi @Mary-Community_Moderator ,

We still aren't seeing Breakout Rooms on Telus Business Connect Video service. Do you know if there is anything preventing partners from enabling it on their end, or should I just continue bugging them until they enable it?

on Oct 20, 2021 at 7:20am   •  0 likes

Please disregard. Breakout Rooms just started showing up this morning!

on Oct 20, 2021 at 7:31am   •  0 likes

Thank you @Kyle Heney

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us