News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Messages from Disabled Account?
Tags: glip
Aug 13, 2021 at 9:13am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Dominic Moore

Hi,

If an account is disabled, are chat/glip messages retrievable/viewable? If the account is enabled again?

Thanks

on Sep 14, 2021 at 10:08am   •  0 likes

No...the messages aren't preserved. Moreover, any group they're a part of just disappear (Teams are ok).

Just found this out this week. Disabled a user on Friday, and by Monday some employees were complaining that their groups were gone. Turns out they contained this disabled user. Tried re-enabling this user's account, but the content was still gone.

Support was able to restore the content, but still...this seems like a major oversight. If you have a group with 5 employees, why delete the whole group if one employee leaves? Makes no sense.

You do have the option to convert a group message into a Team, but as an admin, there's no way for me to know how disabling/deleting a user could impact all of my employees.

They really need to find a solution for this ASAP, or else it could turn into a management nightmare.

Please upvote my "idea" if you get a chance.

on Sep 17, 2021 at 10:48am   •  0 likes

What's worse is when you have to keep all chats for X number of years due to policy/regulations.

The nightmare also extends to moving the user that's gone to a 'holding non-extension' and transferring that license to another seat for the person that's replaced them.

I didn't know about the Teams getting nuked - I'll have to alert my staff to that.

Thanks.

on Sep 17, 2021 at 10:52am   •  0 likes

No no...Teams are OK as I stated. It only effects direct one on one or group (non-team) chats. But yes. Really frustrating.

on Nov 16, 2022 at 4:57am   •  0 likes

I'm just experimenting with that myself, and I can see you can copy the conversation URL (top right-hand corner under the 3 dot menu) and then access conversations with people who have been disabled etc. The problem is getting everyone to copy their unique conversation urls with every team member that leaves and then saving them so they can be accessed later.

on Aug 13, 2021 at 12:13pm   •  0 likes

But the question is if the account is disabled, you may be getting a message like "Access to this account is disabled. " something like this.. In that case I am not sure if you can retrieve or view.

But if the account is enabled again, you should able to retrieve and view.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us