News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Participants kicked out from breakout rooms
Tags: meetings
Jun 16, 2021 at 2:55pm   •   3 replies  •  1 likes
Atom Ocampo

I facilitate meetings in RingCentral daily and use breakout rooms as part of the session. I have new participants in almost every session. Everything works fine most of the time, but...

This week, two of my participants had some difficulty with RingCentral’s breakout rooms this week. Typically, when I close the breakout rooms, the participants get 60 seconds to return to the main room before they are “kicked out”. However, these two people (and only these two) do not get the option and warning time. As soon as I hit Close All Rooms, they are immediately sent back to the main room. Everyone else is allowed to stay in the breakouts for the 60 seconds remaining.

We tried to check their settings and mine to see if we could determine the issue, but can’t seem to find anything that would make it one way for them (no warning) and the other way for the rest of the participants (60 seconds warning time).

Have you heard of this issue?

on Oct 19, 2021 at 7:12pm   •  0 likes

Hi @Mary-Community_Moderator , here is the screenshot, as you can see whatever options that I choose, it just returns to "please select product" text

1.png

on Oct 20, 2021 at 8:26am   •  0 likes

Thanks for the screenshot. Would you please try to clear cache and cookies then try again?

on Jun 22, 2021 at 3:33pm   •  0 likes

Just wanted to follow up on this, just wanted to check if it's a known issue or it's just a glitch?

on Jun 23, 2021 at 8:31am   •  0 likes

Hi Atom, I've reached out to our Product Team and confirmed that this is not a known issue. But it will need to be checked what's causing this. I created a case and escalated it to our Technical Support Team. They will contact you and may ask for the information of the other user who has the issue. Your case number is 13048041.

on Aug 9, 2021 at 10:55am   •  0 likes

I am currently having this issue with my account. I am not the meeting host, but as a participant I am pulled back to the main meeting immediately when the host schedules to end the breakout rooms. There are a few other participants (maybe about 5 out of 20?) that have this issue while in our meetings, but it does not happen to everyone and it's always the same people. Does this issue have a solution yet?

on Aug 9, 2021 at 12:56pm   •  0 likes

Hi @Julia, this has been isolated and is already a known issue. It's unresolved until now, but our Product Engineers are working on it. Please submit a ticket here so that the Support Team will tag it on the outage, and they will inform you once it's fixed. Thank you!

on Oct 18, 2021 at 7:23pm   •  0 likes

Even in the ticket, they don't allow me to choose the tab in the selection so how can I submit that?

on Oct 19, 2021 at 8:07am   •  0 likes

@Triet Tran Would you please send a screenshot here?

on Oct 19, 2021 at 7:04pm   •  0 likes

Here, as you can see whatever options that I choose, it just returns to "please select product" text

on Oct 19, 2021 at 7:06pm   •  0 likes

Well, now when I upload the image comment, it is stuck in 100% upload and did not allow me to modify anything or write more text

on Jun 16, 2021 at 3:42pm   •  0 likes

Hi Atom, are they joining through the browser or they have the app?

on Jun 17, 2021 at 7:23am   •  0 likes

I confirmed that one of the users is certainly using the desktop app. He also gave me the version information:

Version: 21.2.30.542 Web, 21.2.30.1255 Windows

Date: 2021-06-14 22:29:03

on Jun 17, 2021 at 7:27am   •  0 likes

Thanks for providing details. I'll check on this issue and get back to you.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us