News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Text Messages Not Sending
Tags: sms and text messaging
Jan 10, 2022 at 1:09pm   •   7 replies  •  2 likes
Meg Vernon

We have not had issues sending text messages but our entire team has lost the ability to send outgoing messages as of about 30 min ago. One of the messages from Ring Central states:

A valid Phone Number is required to send text message to recipients outside of your company, Please contact your Administrator to add a direct number to your account.

Nothing has changed on our account, do you know what needs to be done or are there other companies having this issue too?

on Jan 15, 2022 at 10:53pm   •  0 likes

Case added but I am getting no feedback on ETA for a fix. Very disappointing.

on Jan 11, 2022 at 2:38pm   •  0 likes

We are seeing a lot of SMS Texts delayed for our customers by about 15 minutes. Can someone advise?

on Jan 12, 2022 at 7:41am   •  0 likes

Hi @travis-poole1, for the SMS delays issue, please create a ticket, and provide your SMS samples for troubleshooting.

on Jan 11, 2022 at 8:47am   •  0 likes

This is still not working for us and we have created cases. Can you confirm the timeframe as to when it will be fixed? I've also requested a credit for our company and have not received an answer re: that either. Please confirm.

on Jan 11, 2022 at 12:38pm   •  0 likes

Sorry for the delay, @Meg Vernon. Has this issue been resolved for your team?

on Jan 10, 2022 at 1:57pm   •  0 likes

Thank you - half of our company is not able to send messages so hoping to get the resolution soon.

on Jan 10, 2022 at 1:55pm   •  0 likes

Hello Meg, I see a case in your account related to this issue. The Tech Support Team is currently checking on the cause of this problem.

on Jan 10, 2022 at 2:38pm   •  1 likes

We are having the same issue. I could text first thing this morning and now messages won't go through.

on Jan 10, 2022 at 2:50pm   •  0 likes

Please create a ticket, too.

on Jan 16, 2022 at 10:38am   •  0 likes

how do i create a ticket. many, but not all of outgoing text messages are undeliverable.

on Jan 10, 2022 at 2:53pm   •  0 likes

Hi Mary, please advise how to do that. I called customer support and just sat on hold before needing to hang up and go into a meeting.

on Jan 10, 2022 at 3:43pm   •  0 likes
on Jan 10, 2022 at 5:08pm   •  0 likes

Thank you, Becky. I have gone ahead and done that.

2 Answers
answered on Jan 17, 2022 at 5:44pm  

https://community.ringcentral.com/questions/104975/sending-text-messages-1.html

answered on Jan 11, 2022 at 8:00am  

Hi Everyone! Last night, we received information from the Outage Team that some RingCentral customers may experience outbound SMS failures. Please create a case so the Tech Team will add your account as affected. They are currently working on this issue and will inform you once it's fixed.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us