News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Ring Central Video won't minimize to floating window while in a meeting.
Tags: ringcentral app
Jan 31, 2022 at 12:23pm   •   6 replies  •  0 likes
syreeta-spears

Prior Ring Central Video Meeting applications allowed for you to minimize the view of the participants to a floating window of just the current speaker, and does not appear to be available in the newest update, this is difficult for people who need to see the person talking, but also have a different screen open to type into. Is this available?

on Jan 31, 2022 at 3:17pm   •  0 likes

The Ring central Meetings was retired I thought in Aug 2021. I am using the Ring Central App along the top it says Ring Central Video-Meetings

on Jan 31, 2022 at 3:26pm   •  0 likes

Thanks for clarifying. It may be the time when you were still using the RingCentral Meetings.

on Jan 31, 2022 at 4:05pm   •  0 likes

No, this is the same app I was running before, this is my screen. I have been using this app for over a year with the floating window. Up until today it was working.

1643673936517.png

on Feb 1, 2022 at 7:10am   •  0 likes

That's weird since RCV never had the floating window before. The Product Team says that this is under their bucket, but they are working with those features that are in high priority first.

on Mar 15, 2023 at 9:14am   •  1 likes

I found this thread because I too would like to get this feature back. What syreeta is referring to can be found here: https://support.ringcentral.com/article-v2/4634.html?brand=RC_US&product=RingCentral_Meetings&language=en_US

When we were in a RC meeting, we could hit the minimize button and the meeting would go into "Mini" mode which made a floating video widow that we could move around on our screen. The new RC Video app does not go into mini mode like the old app. Can we get this back please?

on Jan 31, 2022 at 1:28pm   •  0 likes

Sorry, for clarification, I have been running the Ring Central App for Windows. Up until today when I updated the program, I have been using the floating window whenever I minimize the video window for the past year at least in this app, but now is not available.

on Jan 31, 2022 at 1:57pm   •  0 likes

Are you using the RingCentral Video or RingCentral Meetings?

on Jan 31, 2022 at 1:03pm   •  0 likes

@syreeta-spears we'll check on your concern with the Product Team, and get back to you on this.

1 Answer
answered on Jan 31, 2022 at 1:12pm  

@syreeta-spears According to Product Team, this option has never been available in RingCentral Video. You may be referring to RingCentral Meetings. For feature requests, you can add them in our Ideas Portal at https://ideas.ringcentral.com/.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us