News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Temporary Number transfer
Tags: porting and number transfer
Mar 10, 2022 at 8:31am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Guy Sweetman

When I was setting up my transfer of number it said something about a temporary setup until the final number is finished. The guy on the phone doesn't seem to know anything about this. Is there a temporary number so the transfer works quicker or did I miss read something?! Thanks

Ive just spent 45 minutes on the phone to some bloke that clearly has no idea what he's doing, utter waste of time, not a great start to this service!!!!!

on Mar 10, 2022 at 10:19am   •  0 likes

@Guy Sweetman maybe he means that you will have to replace a current number in your account so that once the port-in completes, you will avoid an additional charge.

1 Answer
answered on Mar 12, 2022 at 9:04am  

When you create a new RC account, or any VoIP service for that matter, you are assigned temporary numbers that are replaced by your advertised DIDs and business numbers.

Once the port completes, your outbound calls will show your number (if that's how you've set it up). You can either continue using your current phone system to make and receive calls until the number(s) port, or you can forward from your current provider to your temp RC numbers.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us