News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
How I do I change the email address my received faxes automatically gets forwarded to ?
Tags: fax, call forwarding
May 9, 2022 at 4:25pm   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Gilles Beausoleil

Thank you in advance for your help to resolve my issue.

I do have 2 licenses with Ring Central one for a regular phone and one for a fax number. My problem is that this was set up maybe 10 years ago and the web site has changed and I now need to change the email address where my received faxes on my ring central fax number get automatically forwarded to . I have gone through every settings I could find on the web site on the app, etc. and I just cannot find where that information is stored and where I could edit the email address.

on Apr 8, 2022 at 11:51am   •  0 likes

Is the fax number assigned in an extension, or is it on the company phone?

on Apr 8, 2022 at 12:14pm   •  0 likes

It is set up as an extension. Doing the following , which was suggested to me was done 2 days ago but did not work . Fax notification with attached email still gets sent to previous email addreses I no longer see anywhere in the settings.

This is what I did:

On your Admin portal, please go to Users > Users with Extension > click the Ext. 9 - Fax Only > Notifications > Messaging Notifications > click Basic Settings and select Advance Settings > click Customize Notifications for Receive Faxes > under "Send Notifications to" then, on the email field, you can enter the new email address that you want to receive faxes then click done and save to apply changes.

on Apr 8, 2022 at 12:36pm   •  0 likes

Hi @Gilles Beausoleil I changed this post to private so that you can provide me information and I can look it up in your portal. What is the new email that should suppose to receive the faxes?

on Apr 8, 2022 at 3:02pm   •  0 likes

Ok I got my problem resolved.

Thanks anyhow.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us