News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Fax only account, can't send faxes or add email addresses
Tags: fax
Apr 18, 2022 at 9:04am   •   26 replies  •  1 likes
Reger Rizzo & Darnall LLP

We have a fax-only account, with up to 25 users able to send faxes via email. We hired a new person today, and when I went to add them to the list through 'outbound fax settings', the list of email addresses isn't there. How can I add new users? Also, possibly related, it seems that outgoing email faxes aren't going. Two of us tried. Nothing showed up in outbox or sent, no confirmations were received. It was working last week. Any ideas?

on Apr 21, 2022 at 11:29am   •  0 likes

Same problem here. Except that we've had SPF, DKIM and DMARC enabled on our email domain for quite a while. Something changed on ringcentral's end that they are now blocking our DKIM-certified email saying there is a problem with the DKIM record.

I have triple checked the record, and gmail still says it is successfully seeing the DKIM headers. I tried updating to a 2048-bit key, but no change on ring central's end.

I see lots of hits about ringcentral not parsing DKIM records properly. Hopefully they'll figure this out soon, otherwise we'll need to find a different provider.

on Apr 21, 2022 at 11:40am   •  0 likes

You should probably update your status page https://status.ringcentral.com/ to let your customers know you are having problems...

on Apr 21, 2022 at 9:06am   •  1 likes

Our email to fax hasn't worked for over 48hrs. I have a case# 15097679. We do not have an IT dept. to deal with this problem as we are an small office. Have not heard back from anyone on our case. Please take a look at our account.

on Apr 21, 2022 at 9:19am   •  0 likes

Hi Greg, I'll follow up your case.

on Apr 20, 2022 at 3:55pm   •  0 likes

I am having the issue, email to fax stopped working last Thursday as it was discovered. I have even updated an email address that is DMARC complaint and still having issues where faxing isn't working. This is costing the business time and money without being able to do outbound faxing. I have a ticket opened as well: Case #15091867. I have had no movement or comments on since it was opened up yesterday. I really need to get this fixed as well. Never has an issue before and we have been using this service since 2015.

on Apr 20, 2022 at 11:27am   •  0 likes

I'm having the same issue. Just realized none of my faxes have gone out for the past 6 days. Been using this service for many years.

on Apr 20, 2022 at 10:36am   •  1 likes

Case 15088527 24 hours old. SPF and DKIM are enabled and verified. Please have support re enable. Thank you

on Apr 20, 2022 at 12:57pm   •  0 likes

I couldn't send faxes via email because RC turned it off for no reason. They turned the entire feature off for my entire company. They claimed it was due to spoofing. But when they looked at the list of companies that they turned off, we were not one of them. I finally escalated it and they turned the feature back on. Very disappointed.

on Apr 20, 2022 at 12:22pm   •  1 likes

RC just sent the below notice out a few minutes ago (at least they know it is a systemic issue at this point. I am assuming since it is affecting multiple customer's accounts, they will fix it timely. RC wouldn't just shutoff everyone's ability to fax without any notice of their changes to SPF, DKIM and DMARC requirements bc they would be opening themselves up to multiple lawsuits due to major account changes without notice....

Good day.

The issue that you have reported in this ticket is related to a Known Outage we currently have in our system.

INC-34495 - A portion of RingCentral customers may be experiencing issues with outbound fax failing when using Email2Fax services. INC # - Description

At this point, we will be placing this case into an Outage status. This means that we are investigating it and there is no currently available ETA when it will be resolved. We have reproduced the issue and are working on resolving it. You will not receive much in the way of correspondence while they resolve this issue, however, you will be notified when the issue is fixed.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

RingCentral | Team of Experts
https://support.ringcentral.com

on Apr 20, 2022 at 1:31pm   •  1 likes

No, there wont be any law suites. Read the contract you singed. Worst case RC would be breaking their service level agreements. And yes, they did in fact change a requirement that is responsible for breaking customers service. Support just confirmed that my fax to email service was disabled because they now require a combo of SPF\DKIM\DMARC on the customers account\DNS.. After I made a modification they verified SPF\DKIM\ and DMARC were set up and just re-enabled it. What they are researching is why they made such a stupid decision, the fall out that they have created, and how to revert the requirements at this point if they have to with out causing more issues.

Here is the quote from my case:

"

Hello, I understand that you're having issues sending email-to-fax. The issue occurs when users do not have the required security parameters on their email service. If an email domain is non-compliant with our DMARC email security policy , the service is turned off. Please refer to this helpful link for our general email sending best practices: https://support.ringcentral.com/article/Best-Practices-to-Prevent-RingCentral-Email-to-Fax-Service-from-Blocking-Faxes.html. As soon as the email domain has been updated for DMARC policy compliance, please reply to this email so we can move on to verification and email re-enablement. For now, you may use our fax feature on the Service Web (online FaxOut) and through our RingCentral App when sending digital documents as faxes. Thank you. Regards, Jenesis Technical Support, RingCentral Global Services & Solutions

on Apr 20, 2022 at 2:23pm   •  0 likes

Having the same issue. Received no notifications whatsoever that we needed to update our DNS settings. Received no notification that our faxes were not going through, we just stopped receiving confirmation. I updated the DNS settings accordingly, and they still have not enabled our fax services. Case # 15077154 - unable to send faxes via email issue [ ref:_00D80aRUX._5002H1O2nS4:ref ]

on Apr 20, 2022 at 2:33pm   •  0 likes

I just held and spoke to a live human being at RC. The customer service rep acknowledged that almost ALL RC customers no longer can use the RC email-to-fax option. They have been getting calls for the past several days about the issue. The rep said that whatever RC did to tweak their system affected only certain groups initially, but apparently the outage is now widespread and affecting most customers. Who the heck knows if it really was a change to their security requirements, or something else, but now the problem has been escalated to their top technical support dept. and they are working on it. I asked if they could guarantee that the service would be restored by Friday, but of course they won't make any guarantees. It sounds like a hot mess over at RC.

on Apr 20, 2022 at 9:31am   •  1 likes

Case number 15079234.

Please check ASAP.

on Apr 20, 2022 at 9:43am   •  0 likes

Please also fix the fax situation for case no: 15091847 . Apparently this is a pretty significant problem in the Americas. Ringcentral finally acknowledged the outage today, but it has been happening for the last 2 weeks.

on Apr 20, 2022 at 9:35am   •  0 likes

We haven't been able to send an outbound fax since April 4th via email. We can use that "fax out" feature from ringcentral's website, but no email to fax. I also believe there are inbound fax issues taking place b/c we have providers claiming they have faxed us materials and we have no receipt of these materials. It is really unfortunate that Ringcentral has not taken care of this in a timely manner. We opened a case yesterday and haven't heard anything. It is looking like it may be time to find a new phone service......

on Apr 20, 2022 at 9:06am   •  0 likes

Glad that works for you but I have 17 offices and several users at each location so it's not an option here.

on Apr 19, 2022 at 2:23pm   •  -1 likes

Hello Mary, same issue here. Cannot send faxes from any user. The couple of user emails we had authorized no long appear. Neither does the option to re-add them. The last successful fax was Thursday 4/14.

on Apr 19, 2022 at 3:26pm   •  0 likes

Hi! Please submit a ticket with Tech Support.

https://support.ringcentral.com/new-case.html

on Apr 19, 2022 at 10:15am   •  0 likes

I have this response on my case detail: If an email domain is non-compliant with our DMARC email security policy and has zero email-to-fax usage for the past 90 days, the service is turned off. I have no idea what this means--- we have not changed anything with our email, and we have certainly sent faxes in the last 90 days!!!! We have been able to send faxes until last Friday, April 8th. SOMEONE PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on Apr 19, 2022 at 7:57am   •  0 likes

So they've now told me that it's because we don't have DMARC set up for our email domain. Is that the case for everybody else having the issue? It seems odd that we weren't notified that this was a requirement (I've gone back through emails for a year or so and can't find anything). Also seems odd that not having DMARC configured would cause the list of users to disappear. Do any of you with this issue have DMARC configured? I'm scrambling to get it set up, but we use Constant Contact for newsletters, so there are additional considerations...

on Apr 19, 2022 at 12:44pm   •  0 likes

We have DMARC configured but that has nothing to do with this issue. It's an RC issue it seems since 4/15

on Apr 18, 2022 at 3:19pm   •  0 likes

Hi! We have not received an alert that this is a known outage, but we will let you know as soon as possible. Please create a ticket to Tech Support, so this will be isolated.

on Apr 18, 2022 at 4:13pm   •  0 likes

Unable to open a ticket, "Something went wrong. Please reload the page or try again later.", We can not send faxes via email. It all stopped working at the end of last week.

on Apr 18, 2022 at 4:25pm   •  0 likes

I opened a ticket for you, case # is 145084349.

on Apr 18, 2022 at 3:06pm   •  0 likes

I ran into the same issue and called Ring Central for support. They have no idea what to do and send me the link to DKIM and SPF setup which has nothing to do with why the Email Address box disappeared from the Outbound Fax tab. So frustrated.

on Apr 18, 2022 at 2:55pm   •  1 likes

Hi, we are also experiencing this issue. Multiple faxes were sent on Friday and Today and no confirmation email has been received, and we are unable to view or configure any Fax to Email settings for any extensions under the "Outbound Fax Settings" tab. No addresses can be added or removed as the settings are not there- and the live agent chat support appears to be overwhelmed with other users when we request help for this issue.

on Apr 19, 2022 at 12:08pm   •  1 likes

Exact same issue. Support is MIA for this it seems.

on Apr 18, 2022 at 11:42am   •  1 likes

Mary- When I try and fill out the new case page, it won't let me select the time zone, communication preference, product, category or priority level...... All of these boxes just stay RED, and nothing will fill in.... How am I supposed to open a case if I can't complete the form? We REALLY need this situation fixed!!! THAKN YOU FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN OFFER!

on Apr 18, 2022 at 11:56am   •  0 likes

Can you please try to clear cache and cookies? If still the same, try to use incognito.

on Apr 18, 2022 at 12:16pm   •  1 likes

Neither option works, and I tried it on two different systems.... beyond frustrating -- if a client needs service, we should not have to jump thru hoops of fire to get it....

on Apr 18, 2022 at 12:28pm   •  0 likes

Debbie, can you please email your account information to us? I can't find an account using your email address. It's why you can't create a case from the web. Please send it to community.support@ringcentral.com.

on Apr 18, 2022 at 10:47am   •  0 likes

The same thing is happening to us!!! We have been a client since 2015--- very frustrating!!!

on Apr 18, 2022 at 11:02am   •  0 likes

Let me know if you have a case as well so I can follow up on it.

on Apr 20, 2022 at 10:09am   •  0 likes

Case number 15079234

on Apr 18, 2022 at 11:22am   •  0 likes

Clearly Ring Central is having problems- When I go to open a case, I get this message: "Support.ringcentral.com says Something went wrong. Please reload the page or try again later."

on Apr 18, 2022 at 12:36pm   •  0 likes

Same issue here. Opened a case (#15080379) and they sent us the same link on DKIM and DMARC.

on Apr 18, 2022 at 10:53am   •  1 likes

I'm sure there's an explanation behind this, but Tech Support will help you out. I've seen a case where Tech was able to enable it again.

on Apr 18, 2022 at 10:59am   •  0 likes

That was not my experience. They sent me a link to a page about best practices related to DKIM and DMARC (which made no mention that any of it was required), didn't mention any kind of "list" that we might be on, and auto-closed the case. I've opened another one, hopefully I'll find somebody who can actually address the issue.

on Apr 20, 2022 at 8:46am   •  0 likes

It appears that I am a day or two late to the party and also had NO idea about these service changes. Could someone please send the link for whatever DKIM / DMARC changes are required so we can possibly make progress towards resolution? I am also unable to open a support ticket and don't have a current Sales Rep (they leave in less than 12 months anyway).

We would rather know what is directly being recommended or required versus searching through random support documents and implementing unnecessary changes.

on Apr 20, 2022 at 8:52am   •  0 likes

Short answer is that you have to have SPF, DKIM, and DMARC enabled, or they shut down your ability to fax via email. No special settings, it just has to be set up and enabled. How to do that will vary depending on your email provider and domain name setup. The link support sends is this: https://support.ringcentral.com/article/Best-Practices-to-Prevent-RingCentral-Email-to-Fax-Service-from-Blocking-Faxes.html

on Apr 20, 2022 at 9:12am   •  0 likes

Thanks for the link. Was there any announcement concerning this requirement?

Once these records are created, what is the process to have our account / users / numbers or whatever enabled again? The support page new case creation process isn't working so communicating with you is my only current path.

on Apr 19, 2022 at 12:06pm   •  0 likes

Outgoing faxes stopped on 4/15. I received the same DMARC compliance which we do have a DMARC record. No other support from my replies.

Case # 15088033

on Apr 18, 2022 at 11:01am   •  0 likes

I'll back up your case.

on Apr 18, 2022 at 11:03am   •  -1 likes

Thanks. It's Case Number: 15079583, if that helps.

on Apr 18, 2022 at 11:07am   •  0 likes

Thank you!

on Apr 18, 2022 at 9:56am   •  1 likes

I am seeing the same problem, although on my end nobody that was there on the list before can fax anymore from their email

rc-issue.png

on Apr 18, 2022 at 10:02am   •  1 likes

Yup. Our previously authorized users are unable to send, which is currently a bigger problem (though I'm guessing it's all the same problem) than not being able to add the new people!

on Apr 18, 2022 at 9:08am   •  0 likes

Just to clarify, do you already have 25 emails listed to send a fax?

on Apr 18, 2022 at 9:11am   •  1 likes

We are close, maybe 23-24. But we had a couple of people leave, so I can remove them to make room for their replacements, if we have all 25 in use. The problem is that I can't find the list to add or remove at all. I'm 99% sure it used to be under Settings: outgoing, but now that just shows cover page info, no list of senders.

on Apr 18, 2022 at 9:53am   •  1 likes

I'm currently verifying if there's an issue on this.

on Apr 18, 2022 at 9:56am   •  1 likes

Thanks. I got an email back from a web support form that sent a link about DKIM and DMARC settings causing emails to be rejected (we don't have either configured yet, using o365), but that doesn't seem to address the missing list of authorized users.

We have several accounts, one for each branch office, and all of them seem to have the same issue with the missing list of authorized senders (or maybe it just moved, but I can't find it). Don't know if they're able to send faxes.

on Apr 18, 2022 at 10:06am   •  0 likes

That's right. Some accounts were notified that they would lose the ability to send faxes using the Email-to-Fax feature. We don't have an option to verify which accounts are included. Please get in touch with Technical Support to verify if your account is also affected. Create a case here.

on Apr 18, 2022 at 10:10am   •  0 likes

I was not notified of this. Can you clarify how and when we were notified? Or why we have lost this ability? I created a case and they got back to me with a link to best practices related to DKIM and DMARC, but no indication that it was a requirement, or how we can get the ability to send by email back. When I tried to get clarification, I got a notice that the case had already been closed, and there is no phone support available.

on Apr 18, 2022 at 10:15am   •  0 likes

I can't verify if your account was included, but it was implemented last September. Please contact Support again, and ask if you're part of the list. You may also provide the information as to why you don't have the option to add emails to the web portal.

2 Answers
answered on Apr 19, 2022 at 10:50am  

Hi Debbie,
My apologies. The issue here is that email can be spoofed unless it has the appropriate policies set up. This means someone could send emails impersonating your email address, either to spam individuals, or to potentially defraud them.

For this reason we enforce a security policy to ensure the emails are coming from you, and not someone pretending to be you (again impersonating your actual email address). If we allowed these to go through, a malicious actor could potentially send faxes from your account without you realizing it (even more dangerous as they are not only able to use your email address, but if we allowed this, your fax number).

Please talk to your IT administrator or the person who manages your email to have these critical security measures set up. Once you do, we will be able to re-enable email to fax, and your email overall will be much more secure and will prevent malicious actors from impersonating your email address.

I hope this helps,
Mike

on Apr 21, 2022 at 11:36am   •  0 likes

Mike - do you have a solution for your customers who were already successfully using DKIM? We enabled DKIM just under 2 years ago and haven't had any problems with any provider since then, and Ring Central only started blocking them yesterday.

on Apr 20, 2022 at 10:08am   •  1 likes

So Mike - Once these settings are established for our domain, how (opening new cases isn't possible) and to whom should we notify that all is done?

on Apr 20, 2022 at 9:57am   •  2 likes

So you shutdown multiple people's faxes in the US without any warning???? You really think that is a legally sound option? Just eliminate the services that we pay for without any warning? I suggest you fix this immediately. We have appropriate security in place, so I am not buying this explanation.

on Apr 19, 2022 at 10:58am   •  2 likes

That makes sense, but being unable to send faxes is a lousy way to find out about the policy. Really should have been some advance warning about this. I can't find any kind of email or message about it at all. Normally when a provider is making a change that is going to have catastrophic impact on a service, there are multiple warnings and clear notifications. RingCentral is very efficient at notifying me if my credit card has expired, but didn't mention they were about to cripple our service. Now we're stuck without fax capability for a week or more while we monitor DMARC settings, or we have to risk delivery issues by implementing DMARC without testing.

on Apr 19, 2022 at 11:05am   •  0 likes

I completely understand, and please accept my apologies. I'm looking into this more, and our team will be in contact with you directly to try and help find a resolution.

on Apr 20, 2022 at 8:34am   •  0 likes

Nobody has contacted me. Yesterday I replied to the ticket and asked if we could get it turned back on while I finished setting up and testing DMARC. No reply. I implemented DKIM and DMARC, without testing against my better judgement, just to try to get this fixed. Followed up with the ticket this morning, no response yet. Tried to call, and after several minutes of entering my info, then entering it all again, was told that due to high call volume, they're providing support online, and I should open a ticket, and hung up.

on Apr 20, 2022 at 8:51am   •  0 likes

Hi @Reger Rizzo & Darnall LLP, I will follow up with you case.

on Apr 20, 2022 at 8:54am   •  0 likes

Thanks. We have 5 separate accounts (one for each branch office). Will they all be reactivated, because they use the same email domain, or will I have to open a case for each account?

on Apr 20, 2022 at 9:11am   •  0 likes

If they use the same domain, one case is enough.

on Apr 20, 2022 at 10:18am   •  0 likes

Two of them are back up, the other two are not. Should I be concerned yet, or just give it some more time to catch up?

on Apr 20, 2022 at 11:21am   •  0 likes

I just tried to go update my case to see what is going on with the two accounts/numbers that still aren't working, and the case isn't there anymore. Do I need to open another one to get this taken care of?

on Apr 20, 2022 at 8:38am   •  0 likes

I tested and it's working for me now FYI. The users also show up in the web portal now too.

on Apr 20, 2022 at 8:43am   •  0 likes

I keep checking. Still nothing for me.

on Apr 19, 2022 at 11:14am   •  1 likes

Same here we cannot operate without this function. Ticket 15090245

answered on Apr 20, 2022 at 9:12am  

Hi everyone! The Community Team is working with Support, and we gathered your accounts. We can see your cases, and we will follow up to make sure they're working on them. Keep coming in the comment section, and please make sure that before reaching out to Support, you have already checked if your email domain complied with SPF, DKIM, and DMARC. Check more info about it HERE.

on Apr 21, 2022 at 11:33am   •  0 likes

In your best practices document you say to send "authenticated emails" to ringcentral. What do you mean by that? I authenticate to my email server of course, but I don't have a way to authenticate to ringcentral, right? I would be happy to connect directly to ringcentral to authenticate if you provided a method to do that, but I don't think you do.

on Apr 21, 2022 at 12:25pm   •  0 likes

Tech Team will explain more about this for you. They'll connect with you within the day.

on Apr 21, 2022 at 1:39pm   •  0 likes

Ok. I'll wait for your call. Though it seems like it would be better to explain it here so then all of your customers get the answer rather than just me.

on Apr 21, 2022 at 9:24am   •  0 likes

Mary, good morning and thanks for monitoring this issue as I cannot open a support case. Has there been any update regarding the fax outage that was finally acknowledged yesterday? Has my account been included with others who have posted case numbers?

on Apr 21, 2022 at 10:32am   •  0 likes

Good morning, Bill. May I know why you are not able to open a case? Are you getting an error?

The RingCentral Operations Team has restored those who had issues yesterday; it needs to be escalated if you are having an issue now.

on Apr 21, 2022 at 10:36am   •  0 likes

Sure. The support page kept showing errors yesterday when I attempted opening a new case. Fields that were complete then errored when attempting submission. Four fields repeatedly showed errors even though all information had been entered or selected from available options so I just gave up and came to the community.

on Apr 21, 2022 at 10:47am   •  0 likes

Sorry for that. I submitted a case for you instead. Case # is 15109960. I will also report your issue with being unable to submit a case online.

on Apr 19, 2022 at 3:31pm   •  3 likes

As a work around for some users, I installed the Desktop App and saved the login info so they don't have to enter it in each time. They can fax from their account and Transmission Results come into email boxes that have the reply email set up. It's a work around at least but not a great one.

on Apr 20, 2022 at 8:52am   •  0 likes

Thanks for sharing, @eric-willinsky!

on Apr 20, 2022 at 9:48am   •  0 likes

My account is also having problems. The help desk assigned me ticket #15081985 on Monday then promptly closed it without helping. I called again yesterday and got on terminal hold with no new assigned ticket. Beyond frustrating and appears I am not the only one. We need help ASAP.

on Apr 20, 2022 at 10:10am   •  1 likes

There is no need for us to comply with DMARC for a sending issue. DMARC is an inbound filtering technology that requires very careful planning and filtering. If anything I can see that RC wants your account to have SPF and DKIM on. Do not set DMARC on unless you understand and monitor the results over time.

on Apr 20, 2022 at 9:40am   •  1 likes

Mary, is there someone we can call to get this fixed in a timely manner? This is beyond frustrating. Are you planning to refund all of our accounts for lost time?

on Apr 20, 2022 at 9:23am   •  0 likes

Our faxes have worked today! And the list of permission emails are back on our outbound fax settings page- I hope this is a permanent fix! Thank you!

on Apr 20, 2022 at 9:29am   •  0 likes

Did you have to do anything or go through any extra steps?

on Apr 20, 2022 at 9:38am   •  -1 likes

I did not--- clearly RingCentral did something on their end..... Our domain and email is hosted with GoDaddy, but I never called them yesterday, we just have too much going on, so I am thankful someone did something at RingCentral!

on Apr 20, 2022 at 9:29am   •  1 likes

Please monitor my cases too, 15096897 and 15094547.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us