News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Users showing active on phone, but are not
Tags: hud
May 18, 2022 at 10:47am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
john-crocker

I have two users that after disconnecting from a conference call this morning, are now showing as active on everyone's phones (that have them in their quick dial list). I am not sure what is happening, or how to clear this. Has anyone ever had this issue, aor any suggestions? We have tried restarting both of these phones.

on May 18, 2022 at 11:35am   •  0 likes

They are showing active on everyone's phone that has them as one of their users in Presence. I have tried rebooting a phone showing that, and after the restart, these two users buttons are still showing lit up. The Desktop App correctly shows them as off the phone. Any help is appreciated.

on May 18, 2022 at 11:48am   •  0 likes

@john-crocker do you have a screenshot? Please send it here so I can check. Thank you!

on May 18, 2022 at 12:31pm   •  0 likes

phoneissue-5-18-2022.jpg

This is one of the desk phones. As you can see, the two lights on the phone are the two that are staying on now, even when the people are off those phones. Anyone that has their extensions in the Presence now sees them as active all the time.

1 Answer
answered on May 19, 2022 at 5:45am  

After hours, I tried restarting all phones on our system (I enforced the branch templates for all locations) and the lights are no longer showing as active. Not sure why, but this did resolve the issue.

on May 19, 2022 at 8:21am   •  0 likes

Hi John, if it happens again, please submit a ticket with Tech Support.

on May 19, 2022 at 8:26am   •  0 likes

I had a case open also. Just trying all my options! Thanks for the replies.

on May 19, 2022 at 8:33am   •  0 likes

so this is usually an issue with UDP/TCP timeouts on your firewall. The Poly phones poll RC every 300 seconds (5 mins) for updates, and if your presence gets hung up, it's likely because there is a timer mismatch on your firewall. Have your IT change all firewall timers to 300 seconds for UDP/TCP.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us