News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
RingCentral Video meetings lock up Intel MacBook Air computers
Tags: ringcentral app, video
Jun 1, 2022 at 9:13am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
Mitchell Craver

We've been seeing that RingCentral Video meetings make Intel MacBook Air computers freeze and lock up after turning on video or sharing a screen. I started hearing reports from employees in my account last month. It hasn't gotten any better.

Has anyone else noticed this or seen this issue? The RC support teams close the tickets for my team about 5 seconds after the employee reports their video meeting isn't locking up their system after they reinstall the RC App. However, after reinstalling the app on their computer, the issue reappears after one or two meetings.

This issue does not affect any MacBook Air computers running on Apple's M1 chips.

on Jul 28, 2022 at 11:47am   •  0 likes

We've had to resort to having users download and use Zoom to get around this problem. Has there been any movement on this?

on Jul 28, 2022 at 1:51pm   •  0 likes

@Mitchell Craver, this is no longer a known issue. If you are still experiencing an issue, please let me know so I can gather your meeting details and forward them to Support for investigation. Information like Meeting IDs, client logs (/debug-save). Thank you!

on Aug 23, 2022 at 3:32pm   •  0 likes

Hi @Mary-Community_Moderator, we are still experiencing this issue with every meeting an Intel MacBook Air user attends. Let me know what you need as far as details.

on Aug 24, 2022 at 8:12am   •  0 likes

Hi @Mitchell Craver , please forward to this information to us. Thanks!screen-shot-2022-08-24-at-111109-pm.png

on Aug 24, 2022 at 11:19am   •  0 likes

Email with debug logs, meeting ID, and recording has been sent.

on Aug 24, 2022 at 11:48am   •  0 likes

Thanks @Mitchell Craver! I'll submit the information to one of our RCV Developer for investigation.

on Jul 28, 2022 at 1:53pm   •  0 likes

We are still experiencing as well. No movement on this issue or my previous ticket.

on Jul 28, 2022 at 2:20pm   •  0 likes

Hi Steve, please send the Meeting IDs, client logs (/debug-save). If you can share us a screen recording, it will be great. Send it to community.support@ringcentral.com. Thanks!

on Jul 28, 2022 at 1:23pm   •  0 likes

Let me check with the Product Team.

on Jun 1, 2022 at 12:06pm   •  0 likes

This is happening to me too. I setup a new Macbook Air M1 and install ring central. Test out a meeting and it just spins on the join meeting dialog. I've had luck that it eventually will work but I'm not sure the process to reproduce that. The computer will connect via the browser still, but that's not helpful.

on Jun 1, 2022 at 12:43pm   •  0 likes

Hi Steve, can you please open a new ticket for your issue so that they will know that it is working intermittently?

on Jun 1, 2022 at 9:56am   •  1 likes

Hi Mitchell, I see the case is still open and currently waiting for Tech Support to be assigned. Someone will reach out to you within 24 hours.

on Jun 1, 2022 at 9:58am   •  0 likes

If you need the other ticket number, please let me know.

on Jun 1, 2022 at 10:24am   •  0 likes

Thank you! I see it in the system, too.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us