News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
System won't acknowledge number press
Tags: porting and number transfer
Jun 8, 2022 at 11:26am   •   4 replies  •  1 likes
Admin Access

I'm trying to figure out what is causing this problem. When various of the phone team are taking calls from the callers through the call queue and have the calls forwarded to their cell phone, a call comes in and they are prompted to "press 1" to accept. This all worked great until about 2 weeks ago and now maybe about 1 out of 4 calls the system won't acknowledge that they pressed a number. Some are iPhone's and some are Androids. Thought maybe changing the DTMF tones to long instead of short might help but can't find that setting on my Galaxy S8....

on Jun 10, 2022 at 4:44am   •  0 likes

Thanks for that information. That sounds like a good idea, but I can't remove the announcement for calls from the Call Queue thus we still need to press a number to receive the call. Could you make that setting available for us? For some reason RingCentral's system isn't recognizing the DTMF tones.

on Jun 10, 2022 at 9:04am   •  0 likes

Oh sorry! I forgot that it is the standard behavior with incoming calls from the queue. Please raise a ticket with Tech Support so they can investigate why it is not functioning. They may need to replicate the issue.

on Jun 9, 2022 at 10:30am   •  0 likes

Thanks for that but these calls are coming through the call queue and it's not possible to toggle that one off. Not just that we still need those prompts... that's how we know if it's a personal call or a call coming from the queue. Any other suggestions?

on Jun 9, 2022 at 1:49pm   •  0 likes

You can try the other option, adding a special number at the end or at the beginning of the calling number to help you identify the call. Check the KB article below for the instructions on setting it up.

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/4618.html

on Jun 9, 2022 at 9:13am   •  0 likes

Hi! Try toggling the Press 1 to accept call queue settings in the web portal.

1 Answer
answered on Jan 19, 2024 at 12:52pm  

I've encountered this fairly frequently, on and off, for a while now. It's very frustrating.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us